Q. Does oral or genital herpes show symptoms like bloody blisters in mouth?

Answered by Dr. Sandeep Golla and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Aphthous Stomatitis or Lichen Planus? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Does oral or genital herpes show symptoms like bloody blisters in mouth?

I have been getting sores and things that look like blood blisters in my mouth for around six months. I had a swab test and blood work was done to rule out HSV. It came back negative. However, there is still a chance it could be HSV as it takes three to six months to show up in your blood. I am concerned. This is completely out of the normal for me. I do not smoke, drink moderately a few times a week, eat healthily and exercise. Any ideas? Would oral or genital herpes look like this in the mouth? Could it be mouth cancer?