Q. Does change in color of motion have any impact on babies health?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

I have twin babies with one boy and one girl. They are four months old now. Breast milk is very low for them. So we are using formula. During the first two months, we used Simyl LBW and Lactodex LBW. Then the doctor told us to use Dexolac 1 powder. Now, my babies motion is in dark green for the past ten days and sometimes it is yellowish green. The doctor told us to have Simyl MCT powder. Does this powder clear the problem? My babies motion is sometimes watery, and sometimes it is normal. But it is always in green color. They are going motion once or thrice a day. Please give me a solution.

#

The color of the stools that you have mentioned is normal. Any color of the stool is normal, except when the color is red or white. All the children up to the age of six months pass stools either 10 to 12 times a day or once in two to three days. It is normal. So as per your history, the children are healthy. You can take Dexolac 1 (Zinc with Sodium) now as the age is four months now. You can stop Simyl and Lactodex. There might be a mild change in the stool habits once you change the feeds and it is normal. If there are lethargy and refusal of feeds in the child, then there can be something wrong. These are the main signs that indicate that there is something wrong.

|