My child is suffering from loose motion and he is 1.5 years old. We have not given rota vaccination due to unawareness. So, can any other vaccination be given? He always suffers from dysentry.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I used to attend these kind of patients daily, I have an adequate experience to manage them. You have not given vaccine is not the topic of discussion, no need to worry about this, diarrhea is common due to various causes. I need more information.
Dysentary means blood in stool, if blood is there or not? Since what age he had diarrhea? What is the frequency? It is watery? Growth retardation? Worm in the stool?
Let's discuss about one by one.
1. If it is associated with blood in the stool, it could be infective diarrhea or IBD, for infection antibiotics are required, Ofloxacin 10mg/kg/dose BD for 10 days. IBD is required with detailed evaluation.
2. If it does not contain blood and started after age of 6 to 10 months, then it could be a disease known as celiac disease, it needs further simple investigation for conformation.
3. If worm is present in the stool, then it can cause diarrhea. No need to worry due to vaccination, there is something else that is causing diarrhea. It needs detailed evaluation.
1. Complete blood hemogram.
2. If diarrhea is longer, then get done serum tTGA.
3. Stool routine examination for 3 days.
1. If diarrhea is recent onset then, maintain hydration by giving ORS 100 ml/loose stool, monitor urine output. If it is more then 15 days then no need to give ORS.
2.Syrup Zinc-20 5 ml once a day for 30 days. These are the mainstay of treatment of acute diarrhea.
3. If blood is present, then give him Ofloxacin (5 ml=100 mg) 5 ml BD.
4. If worm is present then give him Syrup Nitazoxanide (5 ml=100 mg) 5 ml BD for 6 days.
Report back to me with available possible reports and answer my queries, because your child needs evaluation otherwise his growth may be affected.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Chickenpox is a common childhood viral disease, that develops in persons not previously exposed to chickenpox, not vaccinated against chickenpox and in recent contac... Read fullCow's milk does not seem to suit my 1 year old baby. What can I give her instead?
.. is not advisable to be given, as pasteurization is required to kill all the bacteria or germs in the milk. I think the baby does have some issues with cow milk and is crying due to colic (abdominal pain). Formula milk (any stage 3) is always bette... Read fullShingles (Herpes Zoster): Symptoms, Vaccine, and Management
Shingles also called as herpes zoster, is an infection of the nerve caused by varicella-zoster virus, the same virus which causes chickenpox ... Management There is no cure for shingles and treatment... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Child Health Specialist Now