Q. Can vaccine after seven days of exposure help prevent chickenpox?

Dr. Shobhit Shah

I felt the head of a young girl then hugged her for a second in the same room for three to four minutes. The next day, she broke out with chickenpox. What are my chances of getting the chickenpox and will getting the vaccine seven days later help me?

#

An infectious person becomes contagious one to two days before the actual recognition of chickenpox.

The vaccine is more effective within three days. But can be given thereafter too.

Any person can get chickenpox after 10 to 21 days of exposure.

Chickenpox appears once in a lifetime. Usually, there is no second attack.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|