Q. My 7 months old baby passes loose stools 5 to 6 times a day. What to do?

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

My baby is 7 months and 10 days old and initially, he was suffering from a runny nose, two weeks back. This week, he has loose motions, and he passes stools 5 to 6 times a day. We consulted a doctor, who gave him Sporlac and Zinc dry powder suspension. He is now pooping 2 to 3 times out of which, two seems to be loose motions but generally, he used to poop once in three days. I have also replaced Sporlac with Enterogermina from past two days. Please suggest what should be done.

#

I understand the situation you are in.

• Loose motions once started in a child might take at least 7 to 10 days to subside. Passing two to three loose stools per day is not a big issue until your child is active, taking feeds well, and passing urine adequately.
  • So continue the same medicines for three more days and watch for improvement.

Thank you, take care of your child.

For further queries consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have one more query. Can we feed formula milk and Cerelac wheat?

#

• Likewise, it is always better to feed your baby with homemade food rather than going for commercial preparations like Ceralac.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|