Q. Can viral infection cause diarrhea in a baby?

Dr. Deepak Patel

My baby is 1 year and 10 months old. Two weeks ago, she had severe diarrhea and around her thighs and around her genitals, there was inflammation. The doctor says that because diarrhea is a type of virus and inflammation of the fungus. The doctor prescribed Clotrimazole and burns ointment and Yomogi. Two days later, fever started and in the body, eruptions that were in the form of fungus were released, that caused itching. The apparent shape of the grain is juicy. This time the doctor prescribed Triamcinolone ointment and syrup Amoxyclav and Hydroxyzine. According to the doctor, this virus is contagious.

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Paediatrics
#

I have read your question in detail and I know that you are very concerned about your child but do not worry.

By what you quote it seems that your child probably has got acute gastroenteritis with inflammation at thighs and scrotal region. In my opinion, you should give syrup Ofloxacin (5 ml = 50 mg) 2.5 ml two times a day for three days and apply a Zinc Oxide cream like Rashfree cream for five days. If no improvement in 24 hours, then do a stool routine microscopy test to confirm the diagnosis. This is not viral as fever and diarrhea have been for more than 3 days. Review after 2 days.

|