Q. Why do my newborn spitting up milk after each feed?

Dr. M.l. Kothari

I have a 14-day-old baby girl. She is exclusively breast fed, and has been known to spit up quite a bit after every feeding but her pediatrician said it may just be my milk flow is too fast and she is swallowing a lot of air. Her stools are usually orange with stringy bits in it, but this morning her stool was green and very watery. I thought it could be because I took emergen-C yesterday. She has been very fussy all day, urinating normally but not passing stools as much and when she does it is green and very dry. After feeding her she was laying down on me and she projectile vomited a large amount of milk. I took her temperature rectally and she does not have a fever, it is at 97.1. I am worried she has a stomach bug. Please help.

#

According to me hold the baby in one arm keeping his head at the elbow joint and the buttocks in the palm of the same arm and feed the baby for 15 to 20 minutes. Hold the outer palm of the baby in between the thumb and index finger and press the palm whenever the baby sleeps or stop feeding.

After feeding put the baby on the left shoulder and pat just behind the stomach level for five mintues to burp. Baby usually burps within three to five times. After burping lay down the baby on the right side of the baby putting a pillow below head maintaining the head above the level of stomach.

|