Q. Why do my newborn spitting up milk after each feed?

Dr. M.l.kothari

I have a 14-day-old baby girl. She is exclusively breast fed, and has been known to spit up quite a bit after every feeding but her pediatrician said it may just be my milk flow is too fast and she is swallowing a lot of air. Her stools are usually orange with stringy bits in it, but this morning her stool was green and very watery. I thought it could be because I took emergen-C yesterday. She has been very fussy all day, urinating normally but not passing stools as much and when she does it is green and very dry. After feeding her she was laying down on me and she projectile vomited a large amount of milk. I took her temperature rectally and she does not have a fever, it is at 97.1. I am worried she has a stomach bug. Please help.

Dr. M.l.kothari

Paediatrics
#

According to me hold the baby in one arm keeping his head at the elbow joint and the buttocks in the palm of the same arm and feed the baby for 15 to 20 minutes. Hold the outer palm of the baby in between the thumb and index finger and press the palm whenever the baby sleeps or stop feeding.

After feeding put the baby on the left shoulder and pat just behind the stomach level for five mintues to burp. Baby usually burps within three to five times. After burping lay down the baby on the right side of the baby putting a pillow below head maintaining the head above the level of stomach.

| 

Please suggest a solution for a 5-month-old baby who is not sleeping properly.

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 months old baby boy is not sleeping well. He will sleep maximum for one hour continuously. Always he will have disturbed sleep. He used to be awake the whole night. I am breast feeding him. Kindly advise why my baby in not having a peaceful sleep.  Read Full »

How to break the habit of thumb sucking in a 9 months old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My 9 months old baby boy is addicted to thumb sucking while sleeping and other time also. What to do to break the habit of thumb sucking?  Read Full »

Please suggest a solution for a baby to sleep through the night.

Query: Hello doctor, My 18 month old baby is not sleeping throughout the night. How do I get him to sleep through the night? Also how do I get him to stop breastfeeding?  Read Full »