Q. My mother is suffering from hip and back pain. Kindly view the attachments and advice.

Dr. Vivek Chail
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 01, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 23, 2019

My mother has pain in her back and hip, and I have attached the images. Please help.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

Your mother has decreased mineralization in the bones of the lower back and the hip area. There is the reduced height in few bones of the L1 vertebra and is called a collapse of the vertebra. This can be due to nutritional imbalance of vitamin D and calcium, or it can be due to any other problem causing a diffuse decrease in the mineralization of the bones. You can talk to your doctors and get an MRI scan and DEXA scan (dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry) done to know about the conditions of the bones in more detail.

| 

Related Video

Had cervical polypectomy and experiencing back pain. Will it subside in time?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cervical polypectomy and was told to expect brown discharge. Now experiencing cramping, minor bleeding, vinegar smell, and severe back pain, to the point that I am dizzy and nauseous. A couple of days earlier had a bunch of discharge that looked like dark reddish and orangish skin....  Read Full »

My right hip pains while doing certain leg movement. How to reduce the pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34-year-old male. My right hip pains when moving the leg in specific positions (best explained in a few photos). Need help in identifying what muscle or tendons are affected so I can move forward with a correct stretching. I suspect a few problems but need an expert opinion. I ...  Read Full »

I am having hip pain due to playing squash. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor,I used to have a long-term groin injury from playing badminton which caused jarring pain which ended up me having to stop for a while. I have not played badminton for four years so the groin injury subsided by whenever my groin is stretched it is always tender and has a lot less range o...  Read Full »

Ask a Radiologist Now