I need the treatment for the pain in the last disc of back bone. Please suggest.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
The commonest cause of back pain is mechanical, i.e. because of odd posture while sitting, sleeping and also because of lifting heavy weights. I am not very clear about what you have asked in the question that you need treatment for the last disc. Is that a prolapsed disc or disc bulge? Here are a few suggestions to reduce your low back pain.
1. Maintain a proper posture while sitting, make sure that your back and head and aligned in a straight line while you sit down and also while riding any vehicle.
2. Sleeping supine, i.e. with your lying down with your back parallel to the floor and you facing upwards on a firm mattress is known to reduce the pain.
3. Avoid lifting heavy weights until the pain subsides.
4. Stretching exercises of the back and legs are known to help in the reduction of back pain.
5. Warm compresses, i.e. using a cloth that is dipped in warm water or a water bag (pain relief bag) will give some relief.
6. Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg three times a day with eight hours gap for five days may be tried.
7. Diclofenac gel can be applied two times a day over the site of pain.
8. If the pain is very severe or if it is increasing in severity in spite of the above measures, it may be a good idea to visit an orthopedic doctor for a complete evaluation.
I hope this helps.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. disc problem is not must unless they are compressing the nerve and causing weakness in both legs and you lose control over urine and passing stools. If it is a mild compression, you can manage with exercise and meditation. In some cases, you can t... Read fullI am diagnosed with cervical radiculopathy and have tingling sensation in my fingers. Why is it so?
Hello doctor, My mother is suffering from a vomiting and acute headache from the last two weeks. I have visited a local doctor and he has suggested some tests. After doing all the tests he prescribed some medicine for vomiting and headache. But the ... Read fullI have back pain due to sitting in front of computer for long hours. Kindly advise.
Hello doctor, My mother is suffering from a vomiting and acute headache from the last two weeks. I have visited a local doctor and he has suggested some tests. After doing all the tests he prescribed some medicine for vomiting and headache. But the ... Read full
Also Read Answers From:
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Family Physician Now