Q. What might be the possible cause of pain in the lower left side of back and stomach?

Dr. Rashi Verma
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 20, 2021

I am a 28 year old female. I have a sharp pain on the lower left side of my back and stomach that developed within the past five to six hours. The pain is at a level six on a scale of one to ten. I have to urinate almost constantly, but there is no pain or burning when I urinate. The urine is mostly clear, not cloudy or foul smelling but I have been drinking a lot of water. My stomach feels crampy and constipated. I have no history of UTIs or bladder infection. Currently, I am taking Ibuprofen.

#

• Based on your complaints, it looks like it could be a case of kidney stones. Please go to your nearest hospital and get an x-ray KUB (kidney and urinary bladder) done.
  • Sometimes kidney stones are not visible on an x-ray. In that case, further tests might be needed.
  • Usually, small kidney stones are eliminated by the body on their own while passing urine. In case it is big in size, treatment is necessary. However, as a first step, please get an x-ray done.

For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|