Q. Tests for stomach pain revealed a high eosinophil count. What to do?

Dr. Klerida Shehu
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a stomach ache from the last two months. It got worsened last week and I was admitted to a hospital. A lot of tests were done. The CBC revealed eosinophilia. The gastroscopy revealed an edematous duodenum. A duodenal biopsy was taken. I have attached my biopsy report. I want to understand the same.

#

• I reviewed your biopsy report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and the findings were normal. There is nothing to be worried about.
  • You will need to use PPI's (proton pump inhibitors) to improve your symptoms.
  • Regarding your eosinophilia, it may be elevated with fecal parasites. I suggest a fecal parasite test to better determine it.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

The doctor prescribed me medicines for stomach ulcer earlier but, I did not get any relief. I am already taking antacids but, no relief even with that. Please suggest what can be done.

#

• As mentioned earlier, you should do a fecal test for ova parasites.

For further queries consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|