Stomach Pain

I am vomiting blood and have stomach pain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been throwing up blood for over a week now and it is bright red. I have severe pain in the top part of my stomach. The doctor said there is nothing wrong. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What was hemoglobin level in CBC report? If it was less than 10 then you need to hospitalize for supportive treatment, possible blood transfusion requirement and further evaluation. Do you experience difficulty in swallowing, burning type pain in chest? Blood in vom...  Read Full »

I have anal issues, stomach, and muscle pain. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I have anal issues, stomach, and muscle pain. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please explain your symptoms in detail.  Read Full »

I have stomach spasms and indigestion issues. Is this IBS?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 16 years old with 5'7" height and weigh around 133 pounds. About two weeks ago, I was sitting in class, and I started having these excruciating stomach spasms. It was not an out of the blue thing because I had been having issues concerning my abdomen for about three months before t...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) has a familial association, and it usually causes pain in the left side of the abdomen and sometimes in the epigastrium with dyspeptic symptoms. The diagnosis of IBS does not doubt in your case. The blood glucose of 111 is average. W...  Read Full »

Why is there increased hunger with headache after taking medicines for stomach pain and vomiting?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 3.9 years old. He had stomach pain with vomiting last week. His doctor gave Lanzol junior tablet and Sucrafil syrup, for vomit Emset syrup. After two days he frequently said he felt very hungry and still drinking more water very often. Since the last two days, he is saying b...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Two days back your child had stomach pain and vomiting which appears to be due to food poisoning, you have given Lanzol (antacid), Sucrafil (antacid syrup) and Emeset for vomiting. But no antibiotic was given. The food poisoning seems to have corrected. Now your child ...  Read Full »

Why am I getting recurrent kidney stones with stomach pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have many health problems. My gallbladder was removed two years back and now I feel pain in the left as well as right side of the stomach below ribs. I am also suffering from repeated kidney stones at the left side and also in my both arms, I feel some bulges sort of thing. Please s...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from vitamin D deficiency which may cause hypocalcemia and bone pain. Also, mainly present like ribs pain and back pain, spontaneous rib fractures. Other possibilities are like postcholecystectomy syndrome. Use tablet Pantoprazole before breakfast for...  Read Full »

I feel pain around the belly button after eating some food. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel pain after eating some food around the belly button. Sometimes, it feels warm also around belly button and itching as well and tastes come from mouth what I ate. So, I want to know what is happeing with me.  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may be suffering from acute gastritis with acid reflux. Pain around the belly button may be due to small bowel infection or belly button pain. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Use tablet Nexium 40 mg before breakfast for one week. Avoid ...  Read Full »

Can Eldopar be used for children?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has been experiencing some stomach ache since two hours. She went to the toilet and had loose stool, not exactly watery but loose. She is also complaining of vomiting feeling. Can I give her Eldopar? Is any antibiotic required for stomach infection? I have given her 5 mL of On...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Stomach ache, nausea and loose stools could be due to acute gastroenteritis, food poisoning or stomach upset. Child will need antibiotics, because this appears to be an infection. Eldopar contains Loperamide drug, which is used to stop loos...  Read Full »

Why do I have diarrhea after eating spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I ate lots of green chili pakoras with green chutney. I am not really used to such pakoras but, I ended up eating them anyway. From the next day, I started feeling a burning sensation inside the stomach and, then started the loose motions. I have been to the loo nea...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of indigestion and acute gastritis, which causes a constant discomfort or a burning sensation in your stomach. The duration of diarrhea can vary. Once the underlying cause is tre...  Read Full »

I have pain in the stomach and the groin area after having medications for E.coli infection. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I have E.coli bacterial infection. I am taking Ciplox TZ and Nitrofurantoin. But after taking Nitro, I get pain in the stomach and the right side in the groin area. Also if I go for a walk for around 1 km, I feel pain in the groin area and cannot walk for more than two kilometers. I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have bilateral renal pelvic obstruction due to stones with diabetes with urinary tract infection. The pain in the groin is due to pelvic renal calculi, the pain of which radiates to the groin. The infection needs to be treated with tablet Levoflox 500 mg once a d...  Read Full »

Can Omeprazole be used for gastritis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have suffered from gastritis-like symptoms for about a week now. I have an occasional mild tummy ache and nausea which is relieved by belching. I have suffered from acute gastritis now for several years, although I cannot be 100 % certain why. I tested positive for the h. pylori bacteri...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.You seem to be suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) associated with gastritis. Yes, you can take Omeprazole 20 mg. Once a day would be enough. There are no major side effects. There is no indication for taking triple therapy for h.pylori again. I advise the fol...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.