Q. I have bad breath and yellow teeth. How to solve this problem?

Dr. Subha

I have a problem with breath odor and yellowish teeth. How to solve this problem? Can I use Sensodyne toothpaste?

#

Breath odor might be due to tartar deposits on the teeth, gum problems, decayed teeth, improper tongue cleaning, frequent intake of onion and garlic, or any gastrointestinal disorders.

Yellow teeth might be due to plaque and calculi on teeth, staining due to smoking or betel nut and paan chewing, or internal staining.

These conditions can be treated by:

Scaling and polishing (to be done by the dentist), followed by brushing twice daily.

Use of an antibacterial mouthwash.

Proper tongue cleaning.

Avoiding intake of onion and garlic.

Quitting the habit of smoking or betel nut and paan chewing (if any).

Consult a general physician if breath odor persists even after following the above-mentioned treatments (to rule out gastrointestinal disorders). Use of Sensodyne is not recommended for your dental issue.

|