Q. How can bad breath be stopped and prevented?

Published on Feb 07, 2018

I am facing a problem with bad smell from mouth. I have faced this problem six to eight months before after my accident and I took heavy-dose antibiotics. I have shown to a dentist and I have cleared all my tooth problems. After that also, I am facing this bad smell. I am taking Omeprazole and Gelusil continuously.

Presently, I am facing the same problem for the last one and a half months. My bottom portion of the tongue has an acidity taste when food not taken on time. Presently, I have taken 10 tablets of Omeprazole and Sucrafil syrup. Kindly advice me if there is any cure available.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

You seem to be suffering from halitosis and this requires a proper dental evaluation. If that is cleared then you might be having a gastroesophageal reflux disease.

You need to be started on a combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone once daily. Do Listerine gargles thrice daily.

Walk after all meals.

Make sure you brush your teeth twice a day.

I would also recommend you to avoid eating onion, garlic, and non-vegetarian foods.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

I have gargled with mouthwash. Most of the time, I am walking also. I am doing proper brushing also. I already have consulted a dentist and have filled my tooth. Even now I am facing stomach problem and the swallow coming to my mouth has an acidity taste.

#

I suggest you start the medicine that I have mentioned. I am very hopeful that you would get relieved.

Can halitosis be caused due to gastritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to ask about halitosis. I already went to the dentist and the dentist said that the problem is not in the mouth and it could be in my stomach so here I am. I hope you can help me because I am at my wit's end right now. How do I know if it is in the stomach? What should I do? I ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Lohit Chauhan
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Halitosis or bad breath usually originates from oral or nasal passages. The cause of it is bacterial decay of residual food and debris. Most common causes of halitosis are periodontal diseases, dental caries, oral cavity infection, and coated or uncleaned tongue or decr...  Read Full

How to Prevent Bad Breath or Halitosis?

Article Overview: This article discusses the causes and management of bad breath which is also called halitosis. Read Article

Dr. Osman Adam
Dentist

Halitosis or a foul odor that comes from the mouth is not a medical emergency, but at least 25 to 30 percent of the world's population complains about this problem. Types: Halitosis can be described in two classes: Bad breath in the morning, which is a normal physiological change. However, it c...  Read Article