Q. How can bad breath be stopped and prevented?

I am facing a problem with bad smell from mouth. I have faced this problem six to eight months before after my accident and I took heavy-dose antibiotics. I have shown to a dentist and I have cleared all my tooth problems. After that also, I am facing this bad smell. I am taking Omeprazole and Gelusil continuously.

Presently, I am facing the same problem for the last one and a half months. My bottom portion of the tongue has an acidity taste when food not taken on time. Presently, I have taken 10 tablets of Omeprazole and Sucrafil syrup. Kindly advice me if there is any cure available.

#

You seem to be suffering from halitosis and this requires a proper dental evaluation. If that is cleared then you might be having a gastroesophageal reflux disease.

You need to be started on a combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone once daily. Do Listerine gargles thrice daily.

Walk after all meals.

Make sure you brush your teeth twice a day.

I would also recommend you to avoid eating onion, garlic, and non-vegetarian foods.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

I have gargled with mouthwash. Most of the time, I am walking also. I am doing proper brushing also. I already have consulted a dentist and have filled my tooth. Even now I am facing stomach problem and the swallow coming to my mouth has an acidity taste.

#

I suggest you start the medicine that I have mentioned. I am very hopeful that you would get relieved.

| 

Can halitosis be caused due to gastritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to ask about halitosis. I already went to the dentist and the dentist said that the problem is not in the mouth and it could be in my stomach so here I am. I hope you can help me because I am at my wit's end right now. How do I know if it is in the stomach? What should I do? I ...  Read Full »

How to Prevent Bad Breath or Halitosis?

Article Overview: This article discusses the causes and management of bad breath which is also called halitosis. Read Article

Dr. Osman Adam
Dentist

Halitosis or a foul odor that comes from the mouth is not a medical emergency, but at least 25 to 30 percent of the world's population complains about this problem. Types: Halitosis can be described in two classes: Bad breath in the morning, which is a normal physiological change. However, it c...  Read Article

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»