Q. How can bad breath be stopped and prevented?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 27, 2022

I am facing a problem with bad smell from mouth. I have faced this problem six to eight months before after my accident and I took heavy-dose antibiotics. I have shown to a dentist and I have cleared all my tooth problems. After that also, I am facing this bad smell. I am taking Omeprazole and Gelusil continuously.

Presently, I am facing the same problem for the last one and a half months. My bottom portion of the tongue has an acidity taste when food not taken on time. Presently, I have taken 10 tablets of Omeprazole and Sucrafil syrup. Kindly advice me if there is any cure available.

#

You seem to be suffering from halitosis and this requires a proper dental evaluation. If that is cleared then you might be having a gastroesophageal reflux disease. You need to be started on a combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone once daily. Do Listerine gargles thrice daily. Walk after all meals. Make sure youbrush your teeth twice a day. I would also recommend you to avoid eating onion, garlic, and non-vegetarian foods.

I have gargled with mouthwash. Most of the time, I am walking also. I am doing proper brushing also. I already have consulted a dentist and have filled my tooth. Even now I am facing stomach problem and the swallow coming to my mouth has an acidity taste.

#

I suggest you start the medicine that I have mentioned. I am very hopeful that you would get relieved.

|