Bad Breath

What is the cause for congested sinus, ear pain, tonsillolith and bad odor?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I am experiencing the following symptoms: Congested sinuses for about three years. I am on Fluticasone Propionate for this purpose (two sprays, twice a day), swollen tonsils for about one and a half years, tonsilolliths sizing from about 1-2 mm for about on...  Read Full »

Dr. Prasun Mishra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your symptoms in detail and also saw the picture that you have sent. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We need to understand that the nose and throat are connected to the ear by eustachian tube. In your case tonsils are enlarged and hav...  Read Full »

Can non-alcoholic mouthwash be prescribed for controlling bad breath in a smoker?

Query: Hello doctor, Is there a difference in alcoholic and non-alcoholic mouthwash. Which is better at combating bad breath due to smoking than alcoholic? I am in a hygiene school and want to know whether or not to recommend non-alcohol mouthwash for the complaints of bad breath from smoking. I have rec...  Read Full »

Dr. Rachna

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can definitely prescribe alcohol-free mouthwash in such cases, in fact they are better in the patients who consume alcohol and smoke. Alcohol-free mouthwash should not contain Benzalkonium chloride (allergen), Sodium lauryl sulfate, Saccharin, or alcohol. On ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a solution for long term halitosis.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old female. I am suffering from halitosis for the past 15 years. Consulted many doctors and they could not find out the reason. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it is such a long history, it will surely need good investigation, medication and regular check-ups. And as you are saying it is not possible in your area I can only give you oral home remedies which may or may not work without timely scaling. This condition can ...  Read Full »

I feel bad breath near by root canal treated tooth. Should I get it drilled again?

Query: Hello doctor, Two years ago, I had a problem with one of my wisdom teeth. It caused pulpitis in the front teeth, so I got a root canal treatment on it, but I did not get the wisdom tooth out. The dentist cleaned the cavity on it as well but covered it with amalgam. Recently I started to feel bad bre...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not attached X-ray with this query. Still, it might be an infection near the wisdom tooth. You may need extraction of the wisdom tooth. Send X-ray if possible and use warm salt water gargle twice a day for a week or two to remove the smell.   Read Full »

My teeth are yellowish and I have bad breath. What is the treatment for it?

Query: Hello doctor, My issue is concerned with my oral health. My teeth have been yellowish for the past five years, and also I have problems of bad breath. Now I am 19, and it feels really painful as I even cannot smile in front of others. I am afraid to laugh and to talk. I need a cure for this. It is...  Read Full »

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Why did you never visit a dentist for your problem? Your problem is calculus formed on the teeth and gums which contains millions of bacteria, that is why you have bad breath, and you have yellowish teeth. Go to a dentist immediately and get your teeth cleaned. Oth...  Read Full »

Why are my teeth yellow even though I brush them?

Query: Hello doctor, My teeth always get yellow in color, after brushing for two times a day. Also, my mouth stinks.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There could be following reasons for yellowing of teeth. There could be yellow or brown layers of tartar at gumline that needs to be taken out so that your actual enamel can be seen. For it, you need to get your scaling done from the dentist and then do brushing twice a ...  Read Full »

What causes bad breath after wisdom teeth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I got my wisdom teeth out on Tuesday. I am not in much pain but I have a horrible taste in my mouth and my breath is horrible. I have brushed my teeth twice a day, I use a salt water rinse like 15 times a day. And I use an alcohol-free mouth wash. I cannot tell if I have an infection ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you do not have pain or fever or any other major symptoms, there is nothing much to freak about. Coming on to the bad taste and bad odor, it could be due to any deposits in the socket or anywhere else in the mouth. Even a dry mouth can cause it. But if you feel i...  Read Full »

What does the CT scan of my sinuses indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a CT scan done of my sinuses. I would like a second opinion as to the severity of the findings and the best next step if you think that is needed.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are a 66-year-old woman with runny nose problem and headaches, worsened over last few years, been there ever since you moved to new place. Your CT scan suggests there is some inflammatory changes in the sinuses (the exact sinuses as described in...  Read Full »

I have a problem of bad breath for a long time. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I tried teeth cleaning, I avoided non-veg foods and beverage drinks, which produce gas, and I am eating a balanced diet. My bad breath problem is since for the past five years till now, so in this period I realize that I have a white layer on my tongue and when I smell my tongue then I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The white coating on your tongue is mostly due to bacteria and debris. And, it seems that you might have a dry mouth. All this must be causing bad breath. Clean or scrape your tongue regularly, maintain proper oral hygiene, drink a lot of water and even empty stomach...  Read Full »

What are the causes of bad nose smell?

Query: Hello doctor,Why do I have this bad smell coming from my nose? It is embarrassing. People around me smell it all the time. I do not have my mouth open and people smell it soon as I walk in the room. What is it?   Read Full »

Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first thing that comes to my mind is a disease called atrophic rhinitis. Here, the mucous membrane and structures inside the nose shrink and the nasal cavity is filled with crusts, which get infected and smell. In this condition, the patient has decreased sense of s...  Read Full »