Q. Kindly suggest ointment for balanitis.

Dr. Aman Gupta
Published on Apr 27, 2019

I think I got balanitis. Which cream should I buy? I had sex five weeks ago without protection. Painful peeing lasts for two years but not as strong as this time. Sores came out after having unprotected sex.

Dr. Aman Gupta

Andrology Urology
#

First of all, you need to get blood tests for sexually transmitted diseases like VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory), HIV and HSV (herpes simplex virus), as the act may cause herpes simplex or syphilis. I would start with a combination of antibiotics like Doxycycline and antiviral pills like Valacyclovir. However, in your place, you need to get in touch with your general physician to undergo the necessary tests.

Ointments alone will not be sufficient for treatment. A combination of Acyclovir ointment and Fucidin H cream (Hydrocortisone and Fusidic acid) as a thin layer may be applied for three days. Meanwhile, get in touch with your general physician. Avoid sexual activity until the ulcer is treated. Syphilis and HIV test to be repeated after three months.

| 

Is there any home remedy to treat balanitis and swollen painful vein?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my penis. At first, a month ago I thought I had balanitis and so I used Terrarisil balanitis cream but I have only used a few times and now I see that one of my veins got swollen and it feels like it aches a little. I do not know what to do with both the...  Read Full »

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

Can unprotected sex for a minute cause HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex with an unknown woman hardly for a minute about a month back. After about four days, I got cold and a kind of sore throat, but not exactly sore throat. I got tested for HIV after 15 days and it came back negative. Now, for the past one week, I have a feeling of so...  Read Full »