Q. Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Dr. Prabha Ranjan
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2022

I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?

#

I suggest you do a pregnancy test with urine pregnancy kit. If it is negative, wait for the period for at least seven to ten days. If the period does not come repeat the test and then think of taking medicine to bring period, not before that. If the pregnancy test is negative, there is no harm in waiting for the natural onset of period. In most of the cases, period comes naturally. Otherwise, you always have the option of medicine.

I will check and get back to you. I thought the fifth day of the period is a safe time. So I neglected.

#

Yes, it is a safe period but still, to be sure it is better to confirm once by a pregnancy test and then to wait for the period.

| 
1 out of 1 likes