Q. Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Dr. Prabha Ranjan

I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?

Dr. Prabha Ranjan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Do a pregnancy test with urine pregnancy kit. If it is negative, wait for the period for at least seven to ten days. If the period does not come repeat the test and then think of taking medicine to bring period, not before that.

If the pregnancy test is negative, there is no harm in waiting for the natural onset of period. In most of the cases, period comes naturally. Otherwise, you always have the option of medicine.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I will check and get back to you. I thought the fifth day of the period is a safe time. So I neglected.

Dr. Prabha Ranjan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, it is a safe period but still, to be sure it is better to confirm once by a pregnancy test and then to wait for the period.

| 
1 out of 1 likes

Pregnancy test shows negative, shall I take medicine to induce periods?

Query: Hi doctor,I got my last period before three months. I have not gotten my periods ever since. I had protected intercourse twice before two months. However, I have no symptom and all the pregnancy tests are negative. Also, I have missed my period the same way, even before once and my cycle is gener...  Read Full »

My pregnant wife passed a little blood. Is it a sign of miscarriage?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife tested positive for pregnancy four weeks ago. Three days later, she was passing a little blood. Is that normal or is there a chance of miscarriage? Is Progesterone 200 mg a good tablet or is it because of this tablet that she is passing blood? Please advice.  Read Full »

What are the first signs of early-onset menopause?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female. My periods have been delayed for two weeks. Till now they are normally regular. Could it be the early onset of menopause or they will eventually come?  Read Full »