Bedwetting

I am a 20-year-old, and I have bedwetting habit. Kindly help me get rid of it.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female, and I have had a problem with bedwetting for the past ten years. I have not consulted this problem with anyone before. But now I am sick of it. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bedwetting is a severe issue and should be treated as soon as possible. Some basic measures to avoid bedwetting are as follows; 1) Avoid drinking water at least two hours before bed. 2) Pass urine before going to bed. 3) Set an alarm for four hours after sleeping...  Read Full »

How to reduce the habit of bedwetting in my child?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter was doing bedwetting intermittently. She did it again and again before three months. She had done once during winter and rainy season. Is this fine? I am confused as my child gets nervous when I plan to see a doctor. Do I need to take her to a doctor? Any other tests to be take...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. On considering the age of the child and a rare frequency of bedwetting, there is nothing to be concerned. You can follow these measures. Keep your child away from negative influences and keep her away from people shouting or stressing the child. Have a bedwetting alarm ...  Read Full »

Is there any medication to stop bedwetting habit in adults?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old female. I used to urinate on the bed since childhood. Please suggest me some medicines.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you tried any medication before also? Do you have a dry period anytime until these 23 years? You still do bed-wetting on a daily basis or it is just when you cough or sneeze? Do you have any history of diabetes or hypertension or any medications? Kindly elaborat...  Read Full »

Why does my 9-year-old still have bedwetting problem?

Query: Hi doctor, My child, who is 9 years old, has¬†bedwetting problem. Please suggest me.  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1 out of 65 children, wet the bed regularly at 9 years of age. Occasionally, bedwetting can be triggered by emotional distress, such as being bullied or moving to a new school.¬†Reassuring your child that everything is fine is also important. Do not tell them off or punis...  Read Full »

Does Bupropion cause bedwetting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. The medication I take is Bupropion XL 150 mg. I have not wetted the bed since I was 11 years old, because I used to have problems then. For some reason these past few days I have been wetting the bed again. I am not sure what is going on?  Read Full »

Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your nocturnal enuresis (involuntary urination at night whilst sleeping). Rest assured it is according to evidence most likely not due to a serious cause and should be fleeting: Bupropion is known to rarely cause bedwetting as a side effect...  Read Full »

How to stop by 9 year old son from bedwetting?

Query: Hi doctor, My 9 year old son has a problem with bedwetting. He does it around two to three times a week. Kindly suggest some treatment. My 5 year old daughter is suffering from cold, cough and stomach pain sometimes. Please suggest a few medications for her. Thank you in advance.  Read Full »

Dr. Shilpa Sharma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For son, During the night, when exactly does your son passes urine? Is it immediately once he goes to bed or sometime in between? Does he feel chiller during the night? Or does he enjoy summer? I would advise you not to give him any liquid diet one to two hours bef...  Read Full »

My 4 year old son is bedwetting. Will this get fine when he grows older?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 4 years old. I know he is still too young, but when he is not feeling well or he is tired, he gets very deep sleep and he urinates himself- basically, he is bedwetting. Well, I have to admit that I was bedwetting till I was 14 years old, my father also was bedwetting when he...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no co-relation between bedwetting and temperature. So do not worry about that. Also as regards to bedwetting, make it a point for the child to empty the bladder before going to bed. Also, you can wake up the child in the middle of the night if you find out that...  Read Full »