Q. What causes watery stools with gas?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

My stomach got bloated with gas and it has been like this since then. I live a normal life, but for two weeks, symptoms like feeling fullness on eating just a small portion of food are present. Also, after a short period, I feel hungry again. It feels like the food has stuck, and I fart a lot. I thought it was impasto, but abdominal pain caused by gas hurts me every night. Unfortunately, one night, I consumed too much food and vomited. Also, I had stools with a combination of air and gas. My stomach hurts so much that it deprives me of getting sleep. I already did a checkup, and the diagnosis is still not clear. I am worried if it is a serious problem because I noticeably lost weight, and I do not know if it is connected to my bowel problem. I suspect IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) based on the symptoms I have searched for online. IBS is precisely the same that I am suffering from. But I want to know your opinion on this. I am still bloated and constipated, and I am just farting. I feel I am full even though I eat just a little food. And also have a sensation that there is food in my esophagus near the stomach, so I keep drinking water. Kindly suggest.

#

I can understand your concern. I have gone through the detailed history you have provided. However, before guiding you further, I want to know a few more things. Please answer the following questions -

1. Do you have a stressful life?

2. Do you smoke or drink alcohol?

3. Can you send me your stool report?

4. Have you ever undergone an ultrasound of the abdomen?

Please reply me with answers to the above-asked questions, so that I can guide you better.

|