Belly Bloating

What kind of diet should I follow for bloating and constipation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am addressing this query to you regarding a long battle with bloating and constipation. Before proceeding, I would like to emphasize that this is very important to me as I have undergone several tests and I have been advised to consult a dietician or nutritionist to follow up my sym...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanchari Majumder

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, you shoud avoid chocolate, too much dairy product, and red wine. Take cereals, fruits, tender vegetables. You should take yogurt among dairy product. You can take roti, toasted bread, rice, oats, cornflakes, cereal product. Take apple, banana, pear, sweet grapes ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from acidity, GERD, IBS and feel bloated. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from acidity, GERD, IBS from the last five years. I am just taking Pantop DSR or Rabekind DSR from the last three years but no result. I have high BP, stage 1 BP varies from 140 to 150 and 90 to 110. I feel bloated mostly. Sometimes breathlessness, pressure in eyes and hea...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have several symptoms related to the gastrointestinal tract: 1. GERD. 2. Irritable bowels. 3. Bloating. You also seem to have abdominal obesity and high blood pressure. Proton pump inhibitors like Pantoprazole and Rabeprazole do not seem to have helped you. I s...  Read Full »

I have extreme bloating, abdominal pain, and fatigue with scaly marks. What is the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having increased issues with extreme bloating, abdominal pain, fatigue, vomiting a lot of the time, excessive diarrhea, weird tiny patches of scaly marks on my shins, arms, and face. I literally dread eating anything. I am not starving by any means, I have more than enough...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To help you better, I need to have a look on your blood reports. Please attach them.  Read Full »

My father is suffering from gas issue with stomach pain. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is suffering from gas issue from the last 7 to 8 days. He does not feel like eating from 2 to 3 days. Have checked with local doctors, after a few tests they found nothing but his bloating has not gone down. He also feels pain in stomach. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Edwin Antonio

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. There are different conditions that can cause abdominal bloating that goes from non-urgent to serious conditions. If he is not passing bowel movements or gas and has remarkable abdominal pain, it can be a serious condition like bowel obstruction and needs to be taken to...  Read Full »

Iron Deficiency Cause a Pain around the Belly Button

Query: Hello doctor,A few days ago one of my female friends had pain around the belly button. She went to a physician and was told that it could be because of a decrease¬†in iron in the blood. Does iron deficiency relate to pain near the stomach? What can be the other causes?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it can be related. One of the causes of a low hemoglobin count is low iron in the body, which may occur either due to inadequate diet or excessive loss from the stools or menstruation. There are multiple causes, and we need to confirm it by hemoglobin level, ser...  Read Full »

Is there a chance of getting pregnant with displaced navel?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffered from loose motions due to navel displacement. My period date is the 10th of this month. My last menstrual period was the 14th of last month. My husband and I are planning for a baby. I am suffering from abdominal bloating, fatigue, constipation, and acidity. Can I conceiv...  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all please make it clear that there is nothing like navel dislocation, or displacement exist in this world neither it is a medical problem or terminology. You might be suffering from loose motions because of any intestinal (small or large bowel) infections. ...  Read Full »

I have stomach bloating problem with dry mouth and mild head pain. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have stomach bloating problem with dry mouth and mild head pain. I am 41 years old, an average height of 5 feet 9 inches and 74 kg.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Symptoms are indicating candida infection of the gastrointestinal tract. Should determine by stool culture and sensitivity testing for candida. Plus, should run upper endoscopy to rule out acid reflux. For the moment, I advise taking probiotics to stabilize intestin...  Read Full »

Why do I feel bloated after I eat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have gas problem and bloating after I eat any normal size meal. I have struggled with constipation for years, but paid very close attention to that issue. Currently, it is not the problem. I have had colonoscopy and stool tests and they were fine. I did have colitis back due to use o...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These kind of problems are very common due to our dietary habits and sedentary lifestyle. Sometimes it is due to deficiency of enzymes also, this is uncommon and the main factor is lifestyle. The syndrome of bloating and constipation is known as Irritable Bowel Syndro...  Read Full »

My constipation problem got worsened after undergoing cervical spine surgery. What can I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from severe constipation for the past three years. I have undergone cervical spine surgery before two years back. Post surgery constipation problem still got worsened. Presently, I am taking Baclofen 5 mg three times a day for the spasticity in legs. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ana Karen Pulido

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first option for treating constipation is starting with Sennosides tablets. Take two tablets every night. If there is no improvement in two days, you can take two tablets for every 12 hours. This medication can be taken for now and on. Sometimes you may need more fi...  Read Full »

Can a peptic ulcer develop while taking Lansoprazole?

Query: Hello doctor, A few years back, I suddenly developed constant dyspepsia, bloating, and reflux. Also on and off stomach pain. I was prescribed Lansoprazole and it took away the symptoms until a few weeks back. Symptoms have suddenly returned despite still taking PPI. Can an ulcer develop whilst taki...  Read Full »

Dr. Ana Karen Pulido

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Peptic ulcer disease is mostly related to the presence of Helicobacter pylori infection (a bacteria that is transmitted via saliva and is present in around 70 % of adults). The first step of the treatment is actually PPI. When this stops working (yes, you may develop...  Read Full »