Q. I want to know about the bilirubin and sodium alkaline phosphate levels. Kindly advice.

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 06, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 09, 2019

I wanted to understand the bilirubin and sodium alkaline phosphate ranges. I got LFT done for my mother, in that case, itself I want to understand the range. Please advice.

#

Her indirect bilirubin is slightly high (attachment removed to protect patient identity). And this can happen due to numerous reasons. Most common being anemia, dehydration, mild jaundice, and gilbert syndrome. Further evaluation is required. I would recommend her following blood tests,

1. HbsAg and Anti HCV Antibody for Hepatitis B and C.

2. Complete blood count.

Now, as far as Alkaline phosphatase is considered most of the times, it is elevated as a result of calcium and vitamin D deficiency. So I would request for the following tests,

3. 25 hydroxy Vitamin D3 level.

4. Serum calcium.

5. Ultrasound Abdomen.

So as such, I do not find anything serious. With little further evaluation, we would come to know the cause and would help in further treatment. I hope it helps you. If you have any further query, please ask me.

|