Q. Do I need to worry about my LFT report?

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

I am a 29 year old male. My weight is 75 kg and height is 5'11". Two years ago, I was a heavy drinker. But, nowadays I only drink beer once a week for about 6 to 7 pints. My SGOT AND SGPT levels were much higher two years ago. I think they were around 150 to 175. I just got my LFT done by yesterday and everything is in normal except GGTP 74 and SGPT 66. I was taking Liv 52 DS two tablets twice daily for the last three months. Do I need to worry about these levels? How do I lower these levels? Please help.

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

#

• The liver function test report looks fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Although slightly elevated liver enzymes could mean slight inflammation, this is well within acceptable limits.
  • There are a few precautions you must observe with complete avoidance of alcohol and fatty foods as much as possible. Other than that, this looks fine.
  • Of course, also avoid passive or active smoking since this affects the liver adversely.
  • You should get well soon if there are no symptoms. Take care. Drink lots of water and continue the medications.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

What is the treatment for COPD?

Query: Hi doctor, My father has SpO2 level with oxygen is more than 95 and without oxygen is 75-80. He also has COPD. But, all tests are normal like CT scan, USG and x-ray. Please explain.  Read Full »

Can smoking cessation cause strained bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 39 years. I have quit smoking, cold turkey after smoking for almost 18 years. It is my 29th day of being smoke-free. Everything was going fine until last 7 to 10 days my bowel movement has been strainful. Few days I have seen very small sized hard stools and sometimes small ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for chronic sinus infection due to weather?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chronic sinus infection because of it I will face problem whole winter. What treatment should I take to get relief from cold in these winter months? Shall I make a choice for vaccination?  Read Full »