I use a birth control patch and have been having on-and-off brown discharge or spotting. Why so?

Q. Does using a birth control patch cause on-and-off brown spotting?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 24, 2023 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2023

I use the birth control patch but recently have been having an issue of on-and-off brown discharge or spotting. I am experiencing this now, but my menstrual cycle is later in this month. Can I get a birth control prescription online?

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for your query.

I understand your concern. As per your description, these symptoms could be due to hormonal imbalances caused by patches. Once you stop using the patch, the usual period resumes within a month, but sometimes it may take time to resume menses depending upon how long you are on the patch. Brown spotting could be due to hormonal changes and may be an indication of starting of menses. Drink a lot of warm water, and a soft diet and lifestyle changes are required in your case.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

|