Q. What happens if you take birth control pills from the wrong side of the strip?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

What happens if you take birth control pills from the wrong side of the strip? I take Yamini birth control pills and they are not labeled with days. I was taking the pills and the second-week pills are supposed to be taken from the bottom of the strip to the top. Instead, I ended up taking them from the top going to the bottom of the strip. Will it cause any problems? Will it make a difference in protection against pregnancy? Will I have to take a Plan B pill as a secondary option in case I have intercourse or am I still protected? I feel very silly having done this, but I am worried now.

#

• It does not matter how you take the pills in Yamini (a combination of Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol), as the contents of each and every pill is the same. So, you are very much protected from pregnancy.
  • You need not have Plan B (Levonorgestrel) in case you have intercourse. Just continue and finish the complete strip as per the schedule for the complete three weeks.

Good luck.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Can taking contraceptive pills before sex be effective in preventing pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, How can pregnancy be avoided completely without the help of condoms?  Read Full »

Should I take an emergency pill if I only had foreplay?

Query: Hello doctor, I had foreplay with my partner yesterday. We both were having some fun. He actually inserted a finger into my vagina though not deep. He was not sure if he had touched his precum or not. Also, his penis touched my vagina two to three times though he never inserted. Should I take an I-p...  Read Full »

Are recurrent miscarriages and estradiol related?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old woman with a history of recurrent miscarriages (3 losses, all in 5-6 weeks). I was recently diagnosed with Grave's disease (I had overt hyperthyroidism with my last miscarriage). Now my levels are in check. I had APS, ANA and thrombophilia panels, all perfect except...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»