Q. What happens if you take birth control pills from the wrong side of the strip?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 16, 2021

What happens if you take birth control pills from the wrong side of the strip? I take Yamini birth control pills and they are not labeled with days. I was taking the pills and the second-week pills are supposed to be taken from the bottom of the strip to the top. Instead, I ended up taking them from the top going to the bottom of the strip. Will it cause any problems? Will it make a difference in protection against pregnancy? Will I have to take a Plan B pill as a secondary option in case I have intercourse or am I still protected? I feel very silly having done this, but I am worried now.

#

• It does not matter how you take the pills in Yamini (a combination of Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol), as the contents of each and every pill is the same. So, you are very much protected from pregnancy.
  • You need not have Plan B (Levonorgestrel) in case you have intercourse. Just continue and finish the complete strip as per the schedule for the complete three weeks.

Good luck.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|