Cyclical Progesterone Therapy

What to do if you vomit after taking a birth control pill?

Query: Hello doctor,I am on regular birth control pills and was taking these as usual. I took the seven inactive pills and began taking the active pills. I took it for three nights as per schedule but forgot to take it on the fourth. And I had sex on the same night, with a condom, but there may have been ...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? You are absolutely safe and there is no chance of pregnancy. Let me explain. Birth control pills act by creating a continuous constant hormonal level. They prevent the normal hormonal fluctuations. So, ovulation will not occur. Only if you miss tw...  Read Full »

I avoid sex as I absolutely do not want to get pregnant again. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female. I do not like sex because I am always worried that my partner will ejaculate inside me. He does not like using a condom. We always end up fighting during sex, as I ask him to use a condom and he does not want to. We have a son aged 9 years and I do not want a...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, do not take Unwanted 72  very often. Any emergency contraceptive pill has several adverse effects. There are many options like the intrauterine copper device or oral cyclical pills which you can consider. For more information consult an obstetrician and gynae...  Read Full »

I am getting persistent brownish vaginal discharge. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am not sexually active, but I am getting brown discharge over a month from my last periods. Yesterday my periods started and that is also thick black discharge. Why?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The presence of brownish discharge throughout your cycle indicates a possible progesterone deficiency.You need to get your day 3 and day 21 progesterone levels done. If they are low, then you would have to be placed on cyclical progesterone therapy from day 11 to day 25 ...  Read Full »

Why are the side effects of I-pill different for me and my friend?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I had my last period a month ago. It lasted for four days. On the fourth day, my fiance rubbed his genitals against mine. He did not ejaculate, still just to be sure, I took an I-pill within 12 hours. After a week, I noticed a brown discharge. On the next ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you were in the early proliferative phase of your cycle, hence the withdrawal bleeding following I-pill is scanty and less, but it ensures that you are not pregnant. The bleeding may last for three to five days, and the next menses shall be only after a month from ...  Read Full »

What happens if you take birth control pills from the wrong side of the strip?

Query: Hello doctor, What happens if you take birth control pills from the wrong side of the strip? I take Yamini birth control pills and they are not labeled with days. I was taking the pills and the second-week pills are supposed to be taken from the bottom of the strip to the top. Instead, I ended up ta...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does not matter how you take the pills in Yamini (a combination of Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol), as the contents of each and every pill is the same. So, you are very much protected from pregnancy. You need not have Plan B (Levonorgestrel) in case you have int...  Read Full »

We have been trying to conceive for 2 years. How to achieve conception?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to conceive for about 2 years now. My prolactin is 31.8 ng/mL, progesterone is 4.1ng/mL, not opacified left fallopian tube and no free peritoneal spillage of contrast noted. My partner has varicocele. I had a shot of progesterone. Please provide some advice on how we ca...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is evident from HSG (hysterosalpingogram) that you have a left tubal block and only the right tube is patent. Secondly, considering that your partner has varicocele, it is important to get his semen analysis done to check for sperm count and quality if it is adeq...  Read Full »

Unless I take progesterone, I am bleeding continuously. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 5'10" and 250 lbs. I am 28 years old. I have a history of PCOS, had an endometrial biopsy, and it came back negative for hyperplasia and malignancy. The reason for my visit was period started with passing large clots and continuous period. Currently, I am menstruating for three mon...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a typical progesterone deficiency where you should ideally be started on cyclical progesterone therapy from day 11 to day 25 of your cycle or on continuous progesterone therapy for three months. You should take treatment for at least three months to control men...  Read Full »