Q. I took a birth control pill on the first day of my period. Will it affect my period?

Dr. Deepti Katarya
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 19, 2021 and last reviewed on: Mar 13, 2021

Is it good to take a birth control pill for a single day? I took it on the first day of my period and then I stopped it. Will it affect my period?

#

Birth control pills are effective when it is taken consistently at the same time daily for seven days. A single pill will less likely affect your periods and it does not produce protection from pregnancy too.

So birth control pills will not affect my current periods. Will it affect my next month's period?

#

It will not affect your next month's period. In rare cases, some people experience irregular spotting or bleeding. It will hardly affect the present cycle only. So there is no need to worry about it. The effects of the pills depend on the purpose taken. You have not mentioned its dosage. Pills are hormones and they affect the cycles. But it varies from person and person and it depends on the number of pills taken and its dosage. Some women may experience a delay in cycles.

|