Q. I am hyperthyroid and have polycystic ovaries. I have menstrual irregularity. Please help.

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 08, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am 32 years old. I amhyperthyroidand I havepolycystic ovaries. I had my period for just one day last month. It was very light. I, however, took two pregnancy tests two days ago. The first one read positive and the second, which was taken a few hours after read negative. Could you please help?

#

Thyroid disorder and polycystic ovaries, both can cause menstrual irregularity. They are also responsible for lighter periods.

But, test once positive, cannot be ignored. I think you should get a TVS (transvaginal scan) done and a beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) level before considering anything negative.

It could be a missed abortion also.

Consult a gynaecologist online with the test reports for further diagnosis --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrics-and-gynaecologist

|