Welcome to icliniq.com.
Black spots on the tongue might be due to:
- Hyperpigmentation of the tongue (present since birth) for which you need not worry.
- Exposure to any chemicals.
- Tongue piercing.
- Scar due to any oral surgical procedures.
- An initial stage of a condition called hairy tongue.
- The initial stage of any oral cancer, which is very rare and has many other features.
Avoid colored foods, brush twice daily and clean your tongue with a tongue cleaner.
Avoid harsh scraping of the tongue while cleaning to prevent damage to the taste buds.
Kindly give a detailed history of the duration of the spots, exact location and family history for more help.
For further information consult a dentist online--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist