Q. Is there any way to get rid of post acne hyperpigmentation?

Dr. Dilip Meena
Published on Apr 03, 2019

I need to get rid of the post acne hyperpigmentation that is a year old. I have had post-acne hyperpigmentation on my arm and back since I was 15 years old and have tried everything to fade and nothing works.

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

1. Post acne hyperpigmentation lasting for so long is not very common.

2. There are two kinds of options for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Either using creams at home which I will prescribe you below or going for cosmetic procedures like microdermabrasion, or chemical peelings.

You can start with the creams. Use for six weeks and see the results.

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

1. Glyco 6 cream (Glycolic acid) apply locally once at night for six weeks.
2. Tablet Limcee 500 (Sodium Ascorbate and Vitamin C) once a day after breakfast for six weeks.

Can I get my acne scars permanently cured without any medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old boy with a face full of acne scars. I have it for the last two years. I have tried many home remedies but did not consult a doctor. They got cured to some extent in the last two to three months or so but have now started reappearing. I want a permanent cure wit...  Read Full »

What treatment can be had for scratch marks in a 4-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter who is 4 years old had got a scratch mark three months ago. It has left a brown mark. It is a little white in the middle. Is it a scar? Will it go away soon? I have attached few images for your reference.  Read Full »

I have lot of acne scars on my face that make me look ugly. Please suggest me treatment for the same.

Query: Hello Doctor,    I am 19 years old. I have lot of acne scars on my face and it looks ugly. Doctor advised me to use contractubex but it is of no use. Please suggest some other treatment.  Read Full »