Q. What can be used instead of Bicarbonate wash after bladder augmentation?

Dr. Vandana Andrews

My age is 23, I have undergone a surgery for bladder augmentation nine years back, since then I am doing Bicarbonate wash every week. Please suggest an alternative for this procedure.

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Internal Medicine
#

The point of bicarbonate washing off bladder is to create alkaline nature, which is not a good environment for harmful cell to grow thereby inhibiting cell growth. And it will strengthen the bladder. Yes, what you can do is limit sugar, meat, dairy products, etc., which make our body more acidic.

There is no substitute for the method. Bicarbonate washing is the best method. I will advice you to continue it, I understand it may be tiring, but the method itself is effective. Also ask your doctor how may total bladder wash you will be needing. As I know this procedure is not for lifetime.

|