Q. I have a small mass in my bladder. Other than cancer, could it be anything else?

Dr. Devendra

I went to the doctor last week after I got my period 10 days early. I was worried because I have had a history of cervical dysplasia. My pap smear came back normal but my doctor wanted me to have an ultrasound just to be sure. Everything came back fine except for a small mass of 1.3 cm on the posterior side of my bladder. I am so scared right now. Other than bladder cancer, could it be anything else?

#

• Bladder mass of 1.3 cm needs cystoscopy biopsy and resection transurethrally.
  • A solitary mass papillary may turn out to be a very mild tumor. All bladder tumors are of different biological behavior. The things will become more clear only after biopsy report.
  • Such tumor, which is very likely to be non-invasive urinary bladder tumor, will mostly be preserved and many successful therapies are available.
  • Do not worry too much and now the first step is TURBT biopsy (transurethral resection of bladder tumor).

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|