Q. My son gets frequent nose bleeds. Is there any concern?

My son gets frequent nose bleeds and leg pain. The doctor tested him for Von Willebrand, all was normal except for the thromboplastin time. It was elevated to 36 normal is 22 to 34. His complements levels were elevated to ch 50 to 60, c3 178 normal is 80 to 170, CRP was 9 normal is >8, absolute eosinophils was 524, normal is 15 to 500. Is there any concern with these levels?

#

Your mentioned reports are borderline and not much elevated. I do not think you have to worry much about that.

The following causes have to be ruled out for nosebleed like:

1. High blood pressure.
  2. Atrophic rhinitis.
  3. Coagulation profile.
  4. Repeated nose trauma.

Your rhinoscopy nose examination is also advisable. You can attach your reports to guide you further.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

| 

How to Stop Nose Bleeds?

Article Overview: Bleeding from the nose or epistaxis is a very common condition and usually nothing to worry about. This article discusses the steps for managing an active nose bleed. Read Article

Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi

Why does the Nose Bleed? It is common in children during hot and dry weather conditions.  Bleeding of up to 50-100 mL is common in bleeding due to dryness. This happens because of disturbance in the mucociliary clearance which means that the hair like cells that form the ...  Read Article

I would like to know about Cromotop inhaler. Please explain.

Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 15 years old, suffers from seasonal allergy during spring and autumn months. He has to take Levolin inhaler several times a day and Budecort inhaler as well during the period. Sometimes, he also has to take Montair tablets. I heard about inhaler Cromotop 2 mg, which preve...  Read Full »

Nose bleeding after feeling nauseous and stomach pain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, An hour ago just like started feeling nauseous like he wanted to throw up, and a lot of pain in his stomach. Shortly after that started, his nose started bleeding for some reason.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Hematologist Now