Nasal Bleeding

Is getting a small amount of blood in nose while blowing a serious issue?

Query: Hi doctor, I am noticing a small amount of blood (less than a drop) in the tissue when I dap my nose. There is no blood when I sneeze. Occasionally, I have a little bit of blood when I blow my nose (again less than a drop). I have been trying a humidifier at night and saline nasal spray. Is it som...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nasal bleed or epistaxis can occur due to several causes, and of these, idiopathic is the most common. It may be be due to minor unrecognized trauma like forceful blowing, nose picking, rubbing, etc. Epistaxis can also occur in common cold. Certain people have thin m...  Read Full »

How is a nose fracture diagnosed?

Query: Hi doctor, While playing volleyball game today, I think my nose hit my teammate's leg when we were going after the ball. Now, my nose hurts. When I try to move it, I hear a cracking noise. Also, I think it is swollen. Would my nose be broken? Should I meet my athletic trainer?  Read Full »

Dr. Srinidhi Ravi

Allergy Specialist, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A cracking noise and a swollen nose are suggestive of a broken nose. It means there could be a fracture in the nasal bones. Another symptom would be bleeding from the nose at the time of injury. In case of a nasal fracture there will be a lot of swelling over the nose...  Read Full »

I have recurring nosebleeds for over two months now. Please help.

Query: I have reoccurring nosebleeds for over 2 months now, even before the pandemic. I had a large blood clot about 5-6 inches. A week or two after this instance I saw a dry blood clot again about 3 inches in length. When I had an xray before the pandemic, the doctor said it was sinusitis but after the me...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! We need to first ascertain the cause of the nasal bleed so that the problem is treated in a specific manner. There can be various reasons why your having nasal bleeds in your age group. 1. Accelerated hypertension is one cause which is often missed out - Its always better to get your blood pr...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for nosebleed.

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old daughter has had three nosebleeds in about 3 hours. During the nosebleeds, she said her cheek bone area close to her nose hurts. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Arti Sharma

Paediatrician, General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A few common causes of nasal bleeding are dry air, picking of the nose, rubbing, allergies, trauma to the head or nose and nose blowing. In your history I do not see any history suggestive of trauma or fall. Dry air or nasal picking is a possible cause. When a child ...  Read Full »

Can blowing your nose result in nosebleeds?

Query: Five days ago I had thick mucous in my nose and from the carving of my nose I had a wound without special nosebleeds ... I put Vaseline and it stopped the next day but the mucus continues. they are yellowish sticky and odorous and every time I try to blow my nose I bleed again. I put only rinopantei...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, welcome to iCliniq Can you tell me if this discharge is unilateral or bilateral. how profuse is it? do you have any nasal blockade or obstruction of any type? Do you have cold? how is your smell? Do you get sneezing? Is your nose tender?  Read Full »

Can allergic asthma turn into permanent asthma?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 29 years old now. I have allergic asthma for last 6 to 7 years but in very mild form (mild suffocation and coughing for 2 to 3 days, once in three months). It used to get triggered by an old house (old book or newspaper dust) or distemper and paints or orange flavored drinks. But s...  Read Full »

Dr. Kartik Sood

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your symptoms, you are suffering from bronchial asthma with allergic rhinitis, but you need to confirm this by doing a spirometry with reversibility test. Asthma is a disease related to hypersensitivity of our respiratory system to some allergens which cause tri...  Read Full »

What could be the major cause of nose bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 9 years old. She gets nose bleeding once in few months and also gum bleeding. She complains about occasional back pain, stomach burning, and hip pain too. My family physician has written down a series of tests and asked me to get opinions from a hematologist, gastroenterolog...  Read Full »

Dr. Veerendra Patil

Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the medical history of your child, I can understand that she is having bleeding manifestations with normal CBC (complete blood count) and coagulation workup. I would like to know about the below-mentioned questions, Since when does your daughter experience the b...  Read Full »

Can I have a recurrence of myoepithelial carcinoma after three years of tumor extraction?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an extraction of two tumors of epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma with a prominent dedifferentiated (high-grade transformation) myoepithelial component extracted from my nasal cavity before three years. MRI scans were performed to look for recurrences. In my previous MRI, I had a p...  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give your queries and concerns on pointwise. So that, I can answer them for you. I will point out the abnormalities present in the scan soon.  Read Full »

Using betnelan tablet for asthma. What are the side effects of it?

Query: Dear Doctor, In the last 6 years, I am using Betnelan tablet for asthma. I want to know the side effects of it. Age 28 years, m, height: 170cm, weight 44kg.  Read Full »

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Cardiologist, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The side-effects of betnelan tablet are as follows: Loss of skin atrophy. Local white patches of deeply pigmented skin. Dryness. Irritation. Nasal bleed. Ulceration or perforation of the nasal septum. Smell and taste disturbances. Hoarseness and fungal infection of the ...  Read Full »

My son gets frequent nose bleeds. Is there any concern?

Query: Hello doctor, My son gets frequent nose bleeds and leg pain. The doctor tested him for Von Willebrand, all was normal except for the thromboplastin time. It was elevated to 36 normal is 22 to 34. His complements levels were elevated to ch 50 to 60, c3 178 normal is 80 to 170, CRP was 9 normal is &g...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mentioned reports are borderline and not much elevated. I do not think you have to worry much about that. The following causes have to be ruled out for nosebleed like: High blood pressure. Atrophic rhinitis. Coagulation profile. Repeated nose trauma. Y...  Read Full »