Q. I would like to know about Cromotop inhaler. Please explain.

Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay
Published on Feb 21, 2017

My son, who is 15 years old, suffers from seasonal allergy during spring and autumn months. He has to take Levolin inhaler several times a day and Budecort inhaler as well during the period. Sometimes, he also has to take Montair tablets. I heard about inhaler Cromotop 2 mg, which prevents allergy and asthma. I want to know if it can be given to him. What are the side effects of the Budecort? Is it safe to use for the long term? Please advise the dosage and duration.

#

• Your son is suffering from seasonal allergies, and he needs to take inhaler.
  • You can take Budecort without worry for a short term. One thing you always remember that after taking each puff make sure your son rinse his mouth properly to avoid fungal infection.
  • Before you start Cromotop inhaler (Cromoglicic acid), you get an allergy test for your son and based on that further action could be taken.

For further doubts consult a general medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

I want some more details. I specifically want to know in depth about the side effects of Cromotop inhaler. Why are you asking for the allergy test? Is effectiveness of Cromotop inhaler depend on the result of that? Can you please explain in detail?

#

• The side effects Cromotop inhaler are nausea, dizziness, unpleasant taste, joint pain and swelling, skin rash, aggravation of asthma, throat irritation, sneezing, epistaxis (nasal bleeding), wheezing, etc. This includes both short and long term use.
  • An allergy test is another mode of approach to achieve more benefit. Cromotop inhaler use is not linked with the allergy test.
  • Sometimes, seasonal allergy linked with pollination of the flower. I think you may have a flower pot in your home and any of the flowers pollination may be around that time, and if you remove those flowers, your son may get better control.
  • At home, use vacuum cleaner rather than sweeping. Change bed cover frequently and wash it in warm water.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

How can I cure myself from fur allergy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am quite allergic to dogs, cats, and pretty much anything with fur, which exacerbated my asthma, sneezing, and itchy eyes. I am hoping to get a job at home health, but many people have dogs and cats. Is there anything that could be done for me to enable to work in home health? Furtherm...  Read Full »

I do not feel well when the season changes. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am facing problem whenever there is a season change. I tend to lose my appetite and I cannot eat much. If I try to eat then I feel like vomiting. My weakness also increases during that time. Why?  Read Full »

What treatment should I get for anaphylaxis?

Query: Hi doctor, Last week, I was bitten by red ant. Within 5 minutes I was collapsed and immediately rushed to the hospital. My BP was low at 80/60 mmHg. It was detected as anaphylaxis. I hereby attaching the treatment sheet for your reference. Six months ago, my 2 year old son expired due to unknown ins...  Read Full »