Blocked Blood Vessel

What is the recovery rate in a patient with low ejection fraction?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 56 years old and is suffering from a low ejection fraction rate of 25%. Is there any way of recovery?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This depends on the cause. If the cause is ischemic, meaning it has occurred due to blockages and the heart muscle is already dead, then it is unlikely to improve or improve slightly. And if the heart muscle is not dead, then opening the blocked vessel will help in i...  Read Full »

The MRI of the brain shows a blood clot. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My aunt, who is 54 years old, is diabetic since the past 10 years, and she is under regular Insulin. 10 days back, she suddenly lost speech, and since then, she is not able to speak even a single word. I am attaching her CT scan and MRI scan reports along with the prescription. What i...  Read Full »

Dr. Arun Tungaria

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The problem is insufficient blood supply to the brain. It is a severe problem. The prescribed medicines are alright. Please consult a neurosurgeon so that he can examine her. She will recover fro...  Read Full »

My brother is diagnosed with 95 % blockage in one artery, and suggested for a stent. Can Ayurveda treatment cure this?

Query: Hello doctor,My brother is 57 years old is diagnosed with 95 % blockage in one artery, and his doctor had suggested for a stent. Can Ayurveda treatment cure this?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 95 % blockage is more and can not be cured with the help of medication, whether Allopathic or Ayurvedic or any other medicine. Because if a complete blockage occurs, it might further lead to heart attack due to the hindrance of blood flow. Medicines are given to prev...  Read Full »

A vein is blocked in heart and there is chest pain while walking far. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, A vein is blocked near the heart. The doctor told that he checked up today and there is a pain in the chest when he walks far. He is 45 years old, what should be done?  Read Full »

Dr. Ohams Henry

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blocked artery in the heart causes pain especially when one is engaged in activities like walking due to increased heart rate during activity which reduces blood supply to the heart muscles leading to ischemia and pain. This condition is called angina pectoris. It is a ...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to get bypass or angioplasty for blocked heart valves?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 51 years old with normal weight (fit), yet he has diabetes and now a heart problem. Just got an angina attack. Doctors say bypass or angioplasty are the options since three of his heart valves are 70 to 80 % blocked. He is on a strict diet with no oil at all and only sala...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Science is based on evidence and experiment. As for as three-vessel disease and diabetes mellitus, the evidence favors CABG (bypass) if there are suitable targets (which means vessels can be attached as a bypass). There are many trials which support this decision. Anoth...  Read Full »

Is this treatment sufficient for stroke?

Query: Hi doctor, I had MR angiography of brain vessels. No flow of signals are noted in basilar and left posterior cerebral arteries. And a very minimal faint flow signal is noted in the right posterior cerebral artery. I have attached my MRA, current medication list and blood test reports for your refer...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attachments as well as the MRA report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From these, I can find that the patient has suffered from a stroke. Stroke is actually a problem in brain that arises because the blood vessels supplying blood to the...  Read Full »

How to clear heart block through ayurveda?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a heart attack before 50 days. I consulted a doctor, and he said that I have 90% and 75% block in arteries. He suggested getting a stent. Please help me if there is an option and treatment to remove artery blockage.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In such case of 90% and 75% blockage, the blood supply to heart will not be proper. It may lead to multiple problems, which also includes heart attack. As your doctor advised you, please go for stenting and if you already did that then fine. But if not, then I adv...  Read Full »

How long do I have for angioplasty after a heart attack due to blocks?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom had a heart attack three days ago and she is having treatment and my doctor said after angiogram she had three heart blocks: one is (90-95 %), second (90 to 98 %), and third (60 to 70 %). So, how much time do I have to do the angioplasty? I mean he said she needed two rings and...  Read Full »

Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother suffered a heart attack and angiograph shows triple vessels disease of which two are having a critical block with diabetes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In diabetic patients, coronary artery disease is very common. At the present moment, ...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for brain shrinkage?

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother is suffering from the problem of brain shrinkage. She is not speaking for the last five days. Doctor informed us that this shrinkage is not going to get better. Kindly help us. Is there any treatment for brain shrinkage?  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the symptoms and have seen the CT scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Age related shrinkage is a normal phenomenon. It happens to everyone. We do not expect patients to lose speech because of that. I suspect cerebral infraction that ...  Read Full »

Is there any abnormality in my ECG reports?

Query: Hello doctor, Can you read my ECG and tell me why it says abnormal?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly reviewed your query and can well understand your concerns. In such an EKG where not much abnormality is apparent, physical examination and clinical correlation become more valuable. It may be normal or near normal EKG. At some points in some leads...  Read Full »