Q. A vein is blocked in heart and there is chest pain while walking far. What has to be done?

Dr. Ohams Henry
Published on Jun 10, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 12, 2019

A vein is blocked near the heart. The doctor told that he checked up today and there is a pain in the chest when he walks far. He is 45 years old, what should be done?

Dr. Ohams Henry

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Blocked artery in the heart causes pain especially when one is engaged in activities like walking due to increased heart rate during activity which reduces blood supply to the heart muscles leading to ischemia and pain. This condition is called angina pectoris. It is a problem with the coronary arteries which supplies the heart muscle.

The doctor to see is the cardiologist. Do ECG, do clotting time. Take Isorsobide Dinitrate 5 mg three times daily will help to open the heart arteries and relieve the pain. Take care.

| 

Is coronary angiography required in chronic stable angina?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom is 56 years old. She is a patient of hypertension, diabetes, and mild nephropathy. BP 140/80, pulse 96/ min, creatinine 1.3, fasting sugar 125, postprandial 157. From a few months, my mother is suffering from chest pain. The doctor told it is chronic stable angina. All other te...  Read Full »

Is there any abnormality in my ECG reports?

Query: Hello doctor, Can you read my ECG and tell me why it says abnormal?  Read Full »

Is my chest pain due to anxiety, angina or any other cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. No prior heart issues. A fan of exercise. At the beginning of this year, I started having chest pain located near or right over my right side. Mostly they are a short quick burst of pain at random intervals but sometimes they stick around. A couple of weeks after th...  Read Full »