Q. Will there be any problem in pregnancy if the couple have same blood group?

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 25 years old. I am willing to marry my childhood friend. She is elder than me by five months, and our blood group is same, which is AB positive.

Here are my questions:

• Will there be any problem during pregnancy?
  • Any tests required to be done for ensuring no problem in future?
  • Is there any solution?
#

The medical condition that is troubling is due to Rh incompatibility. There is no possibility of that in your case as you both are AB positive and hence, your blood groups are compatible.

There is no problem medically. You need not go for any tests too.

All the best.

For further information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|