Q. Will there be any problem in pregnancy if the couple have same blood group?

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana
Published on Feb 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 25 years old. I am willing to marry my childhood friend. She is elder than me by five months, and our blood group is same, which is AB positive.

Here are my questions:

• Will there be any problem during pregnancy?
  • Any tests required to be done for ensuring no problem in future?
  • Is there any solution?

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

#

The medical condition that is troubling is due to Rh incompatibility. There is no possibility of that in your case as you both are AB positive and hence, your blood groups are compatible.

There is no problem medically. You need not go for any tests too.

All the best.

For further information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

| 

Is it safe to use Rhogam shot? Does it cause any side effect?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is pregnant. She is O negative, and she has a Jka antigen. They want to give her a Rhogam shot this weekend. I know it is a blood product. Is it safe?  Read Full »

Fiancee and I have the same blood group. Will it affect our married life?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee and I have the same blood group. Will it affect our married life? I will be happy if you explain this to me.  Read Full »

What problems occur when a couple has different Rh factor?

Query: Hi doctor,My blood group is B positive. I am going to marry a person with B negative blood group. Is there any problem?  Read Full »