Q. Will our blood group combination create a problem at the time of conceiving?

I am going to marry next month. Actually, problem is, I have A +ve blood group and she has B -ve blood group. So, I want to know, will this blood group combination create a problem at a time of conceiving to the mother and the fetus in the future?

#

You are having a positive group and your wife is having a negative group. So, in the first pregnancy, it will not create any problem in the mother or child. But, sensitization to Rh antigen can occur and mother forms antibody against Rh D antigen.

If she conceives for the second time, then the fetus can have severe hemolytic transfusion reaction by preformed Rh antibody. But, to avoid this complication, you have to take care that in the first pregnancy, she should be given anti Rh D immunoglobulin injection.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|