Q. My urine culture shows presence of blood in urine. Why?

Dr. Karthik Rajan

I am a 64-year-old male. I am a healthy person. Currently, I do not have any symptoms or problems. Recently, I have done a PSA, sugar, CBC, and urine culture. Please check my reports. It shows that there is a presence of blood in the urine. Please suggest.

#

I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). On seeing your reports and abnormalities, you can have a mild infection. As you are asymptomatic and the presence of blood in urine is observed only by a microscope, and the PSA increase is also minimal, I would suggest you repeat the urine analysis after three weeks. If still, if you have blood in the urine, then you will have to do a CT (computed tomography) scan to make sure that the kidneys and the urinary bladder are normal.

|