Q. Please suggest medicines for parameters out of range in the blood test.

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

My wife is 36 years old. In one of her routine blood tests, we found a few anomalies. The report is attached. Please let me know your thoughts on the parameters that are out of range in the report and suggest medicines.

Do you have a question on Urinary Tract Infection or Vitamin Deficiency?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBCH

I have checked the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Firstly, urine analysis shows pus cells which points to urinary tract infection. Please let me know if she has any painful urination or frequency.

Secondly, the CBC (complete blood count) shows mild iron deficiency anemia which requires iron supplements orally for three months in order to be corrected.

Thirdly, there are vitamin B and D deficiency which could be corrected with oral vitamin supplements plus eating a diet rich in vitamin B.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

She does feel burning once in a while when urinating. Not frequently. Will she need any medicine? Please advise. Also, is there one capsule with all the supplement in it? Iron, Vitamin B and Vitamin D? How long does she need to take this medicine?

MBBCH

For the urinary tract infection, Bactrim (Co-trimoxazole) 200 mg tablet every 12 hours for five days is usually sufficient. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. Elevit multivitamins once per day will be fine for three months, then repeat the tests.

Antibiotics for urinary tract infection treatment

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from urinary tract infection. I get these once in every couple of years. I need to get an antibiotic to get rid of it. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Raman Tanwar
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recurrent urinary tract infections are common in post and perimenopausal women. You need to get a urine culture and routine investigation, so that culture guided antibiotics can be given. In these cases plenty of fluids and urine alkalizer syrups are also very helpful...  Read Full

Does vitamin deficiency cause twitching and tingling?

Query: Hi doctor, Before a week, I began having twitches and tingling in both legs from the knee down. For some time now, probably 6 months or more, I also began feeling that my legs were heavy and just general weakness all over, not really muscle weakness. I am also a gastric bypass patient and have a his...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause subacute combined degeneration of the cord. So, the treatment is daily Vitamin B12 or Vitamin B complex supplementation for 12 weeks. Your vitamin D levels are also low. The treatment is Vitamin D capsules 60000 IU every Sunday for 12 ...  Read Full

Does Vitamin Deficiency Cause Premature Ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor,I did a test. I got my results that my erection transmitter is 2.99, testosterone is 4.459. vitamins E, K, and C are also slightly low. Could this be the reason I have premature ejaculation? At times, I also have a weak erection after one ejaculation. What should I take to treat these? Tha...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The premature ejaculation occurs due to anxiety and hyperexcitation in most individuals. Altered testosterone levels are not the cause of early discharge. If you have the problem of premature ejaculation, then drugs like Dapoxetine can be used to delay the ejaculati...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now