Q. Please suggest medicines for parameters out of range in the blood test.

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My wife is 36 years old. In one of her routine blood tests, we found a few anomalies. The report is attached. Please let me know your thoughts on the parameters that are out of range in the report and suggest medicines.

#

I have checked the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Firstly, urine analysis shows pus cells which points to urinary tract infection. Please let me know if she has any painful urination or frequency.

Secondly, the CBC (complete blood count) shows mild iron deficiency anemia which requires iron supplements orally for three months in order to be corrected.

Thirdly, there are vitamin B and D deficiency which could be corrected with oral vitamin supplements plus eating a diet rich in vitamin B.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

She does feel burning once in a while when urinating. Not frequently. Will she need any medicine? Please advise. Also, is there one capsule with all the supplement in it? Iron, Vitamin B and Vitamin D? How long does she need to take this medicine?

#

For the urinary tract infection, Bactrim (Co-trimoxazole) 200 mg tablet every 12 hours for five days is usually sufficient. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. Elevit multivitamins once per day will be fine for three months, then repeat the tests.

|