Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. What is the permanent solution for testicular pain?

Answered by
Dr. Devendra
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hi doctor,

I have a mild pain in the right testis since two months. The USG report showed slight thickening of the spermatic cord. Now, after 10 days of antibiotic courses referred by the physician, then the condition is better. But when I lift some weight or drive a car, then the pain starts again. What is the permanent solution? I have attached my report and prescription here for your reference.

Dr. Devendra



Welcome to

  • A minimally thickened cord is of questionable importance. Please get your urine analysis also.
  • Idiopathic orchialgia is very common in young people. I suggest you wear scrotal support.
  • The testes carry a spiral muscle called cremaster with them while coming out of the abdomen to lie in the scrotum at the birth of a male child. The testes are in a dynamic position hanging in the scrotum. They adjust according to stimulus like temperature change, touch, and excitation.
  • In some young people, this causes pain due to strong muscles. With aging, this decreases. If it bothers a lot, then you may need treatment. Keep them close to the body by using scrotal support.
  • This is neuropathic pain, so I suggest tablet Pregabalin as and when required. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent.

Treatment plan:

Continue antibiotics for 10 days. It takes time to resolve the pain of epididymitis, may be four weeks.

Regarding follow up:

For further information consult a urologist online.--->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I have dull testicle pain and intermittent stomach pain. What could it be?
I have neck spasm and difficulty in walking. Please help.
Does opiate withdrawal cause nausea, low BP, muscle pain and urea smell?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I have a pinching pain in my arm, shoulder, palms and fingers. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, From the last two months, I have a pinching and wound-like pain in my left upper arm and shoulder. I also feel pain in my palm and fingers while bending, stretching or gripping.  Read Full »

Can I continue Banocide for a swelling on the testicle?

Query: Hi doctor, About a month ago, I suddenly noticed a grape size swelling on the top of my right testicle. It is not attached to the testis, but above it towards the top of the scrotal sack. I went to a urologist and he asked me to do an USG. The USG showed a thickened right spermatic cord with cystic ...  Read Full »

Is my mother's leg pain sciatica or something else?

Query: Hello doctor, My 49 year old mother has a severe (sciatica-like) leg pain. There is also pain below the knee and at the back of the leg. The pain is an extreme burning sensation kind of pain. It sometimes moves to the hips. The pain increases when she sits or tries to walk. She is taking a pain ki...  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 and MIS-C (Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children)
MIS-C is a potentially fatal condition that affects children infected with COVID-19. Please read the article to know its...  Read more»
I have fever, severe headache, and cough. Please help me.
I have fever since five days. My fever comes down when I take medicine but eventually comes back. I also have severe hea...  Read more»
Brucellosis - Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Brucellosis, a zoonosis, is caused by consuming unpasteurized milk or raw meat obtained from infected animals. For sympt...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.