Q. What is the permanent solution for testicular pain?

Dr. Devendra
Published on May 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a mild pain in the right testis since two months. The USG report showed slight thickening of the spermatic cord. Now, after 10 days of antibiotic courses referred by the physician, then the condition is better. But when I lift some weight or drive a car, then the pain starts again. What is the permanent solution? I have attached my report and prescription here for your reference.

Dr. Devendra

Urology
#

• A minimally thickened cord is of questionable importance. Please get your urine analysis also.
  • Idiopathic orchialgia is very common in young people. I suggest you wear scrotal support.
  • The testes carry a spiral muscle called cremaster with them while coming out of the abdomen to lie in the scrotum at the birth of a male child. The testes are in a dynamic position hanging in the scrotum. They adjust according to stimulus like temperature change, touch, and excitation.
  • In some young people, this causes pain due to strong muscles. With aging, this decreases. If it bothers a lot, then you may need treatment. Keep them close to the body by using scrotal support.
  • This is neuropathic pain, so I suggest tablet Pregabalin as and when required. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent.

Continue antibiotics for 10 days. It takes time to resolve the pain of epididymitis, may be four weeks.

For further information consult a urologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

I have a pinching pain in my arm, shoulder, palms and fingers. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, From the last two months, I have a pinching and wound-like pain in my left upper arm and shoulder. I also feel pain in my palm and fingers while bending, stretching or gripping.  Read Full »

Should I continue Banocide for a swelling on the testicle?

Query: Hi doctor, About a month ago, I suddenly noticed a grape size swelling on the top of my right testicle. It is not attached to the testis, but above it towards the top of the scrotal sack. I went to a urologist and he asked me to do an USG. The USG showed a thickened right spermatic cord with cystic ...  Read Full »

Is my mother's leg pain sciatica or something else?

Query: Hello doctor, My 49 year old mother has a severe (sciatica-like) leg pain. There is also pain below the knee and at the back of the leg. The pain is an extreme burning sensation kind of pain. It sometimes moves to the hips. The pain increases when she sits or tries to walk. She is taking a pain ki...  Read Full »