Q. How can I maintain a normal blood pressure and sugar level?

Dr. Suneetha B S

My fasting blood sugar is 159.8 mg/dL. My postprandial blood sugar is 280.7 mg/dL. My BP is 160 by 90 mmHg.

#

From your laboratory report, I can see your blood glucose levels at a higher level than its normal range. HbA1C level (glycosylated hemoglobin) in blood will give us a better idea about your blood sugar control. You may need to start a treatment to reduce the blood sugar levels. Also, your blood pressure is also slightly high.

Treatment for reducing your blood pressure and blood sugar will require a detailed study of your past medical history, your family history, your drug history and also a detailed clinical examination. It is difficult to achieve all this soon. I suggest you meet a doctor for proper clinical evaluation and subsequent treatment of your condition.

Try to avoid taking processed sugar and sweets, and salty food. Take increased intake of water and raw vegetables, and try to do exercise for at least 30 minutes daily.

|