Q. Will my blood sugar levels reduce if I exercise and reduce weight?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

I had my blood sugar level tested after nine hours of fasting, and it was 138 g/dL. Am I diabetic? Nine hours back, I had a cold drink and burger, and I am overweight. Will my blood sugar level reduce if I exercise and reduce weight?

#

I just read your query.

• I cannot say on just one high reading that you have diabetes. You need to do a HbA1C test to be sure of this. Yes, the meal which you described can give high blood sugar levels. If you modify your lifestyle, then definitely you can help yourself from getting many chronic diseases.
  • Avoid sweet drinks and junk food. Eat 5 to 6 servings of fruits and vegetables, and exercise for an hour daily. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.

Hope you find my advice of some benefit. Good luck.

For more information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

My HbA1C was 6.4 last month. Is it fine?

#

• Avoid sugary drinks and modify your lifestyle as I had advised earlier, and you can reverse it altogether. Hope you act on it and commit to my advice and take care of your health. Good luck.

For further queries consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

Can I take Metformin to lose weight? Is it safe? My doctor advised me to lose weight as soon as possible because I have fatty liver.

#

I just read your query. It appears that you have obesity and fatty liver and you want to take Metformin to lose some weight.

• Yes, you can take tablet Metformin 500 mg thrice a day for three to six months.

For further doubts consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|