Q. Will my blood sugar levels reduce if I exercise and reduce weight?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Published on Sep 20, 2017

I had my blood sugar level tested after nine hours of fasting, and it was 138 g/dL. Am I diabetic? Nine hours back, I had a cold drink and burger, and I am overweight. Will my blood sugar level reduce if I exercise and reduce weight?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

I just read your query.

• I cannot say on just one high reading that you have diabetes. You need to do a HbA1C test to be sure of this. Yes, the meal which you described can give high blood sugar levels. If you modify your lifestyle, then definitely you can help yourself from getting many chronic diseases.
  • Avoid sweet drinks and junk food. Eat 5 to 6 servings of fruits and vegetables, and exercise for an hour daily. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.

Hope you find my advice of some benefit. Good luck.

For more information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

My HbA1C was 6.4 last month. Is it fine?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

• Avoid sugary drinks and modify your lifestyle as I had advised earlier, and you can reverse it altogether. Hope you act on it and commit to my advice and take care of your health. Good luck.

For further queries consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

Can I take Metformin to lose weight? Is it safe? My doctor advised me to lose weight as soon as possible because I have fatty liver.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

I just read your query. It appears that you have obesity and fatty liver and you want to take Metformin to lose some weight.

• Yes, you can take tablet Metformin 500 mg thrice a day for three to six months.

For further doubts consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full »

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

Ask a Diabetologist Now