Body Defense Mechanism

What is the optimum temperature that could be felt on upper thighs?

Query: Hi doctor, I do wanna know what is the optimum temperature that could be felt on upper thighs and near testicles. My bike heats up abnormally and when I tested for the heat levels the heat reaches a maximum of 45.6 degrees C near upper thigh which in turn also provides heat towards testicles. I coul...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. The purpose of the testicles being outside the body is to keep them cooler than the rest of the body by about two degrees which is essential for optimal function of the testes. Prolonged increase in temperature in the region of the scrotu...  Read Full »

What is meant by non-specific inflammatory lesion?

Query: Hi doctor, I had excision biopsy for a lump in the left leg. The result shows the features of non-specific inflammatory lesion. What does it mean?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Inflammation means your body's response to a self or foreign allergen or antigen. The allergens are usually proteins either self or foreign. It includes bacterial or viral protein or your own cell protein which is now recognized as foreign by your immune system. This i...  Read Full »