Q. What is the optimum temperature that could be felt on upper thighs?

Dr. Karthik Rajan

I do wanna know what is the optimum temperature that could be felt on upper thighs and near testicles. My bike heats up abnormally and when I tested for the heat levels the heat reaches a maximum of 45.6 degrees C near upper thigh which in turn also provides heat towards testicles. I could not concentrate on work and I do not get proper sleep. I also have undertaken medications and the abnormal feeling near testicles is gone. But whenever I ride the bike I could feel the same issue for the next two days.

Kindly provide me your suggestion regarding what is the optimum temperature that could be felt on upper thighs and I want to know whether 45 degree C near upper thighs will cause any issues because I will be driving the bike at this temperature for at least one hour a day. May I continue using this bike for my daily usage?

#

I have gone through your query. The purpose of the testicles being outside the body is to keep them cooler than the rest of the body by about two degrees which is essential for optimal function of the testes. Prolonged increase in temperature in the region of the scrotum will definitely affect testicular function in the long run. This happens over a period of several years and not in few weeks or months and the extent of damage also cannot be predicted as the body has excellent defense mechanisms to maintain a scrotal temperature in spite of external environment. If it is possible for you to avoid driving your motorcycle it would certainly benefit you, however, it is the scrotal temperature and not that of your thighs that matter.

For more information consult an urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|