Brain Aneurysm

I experience severe headache, disorientation, and forgetfulness. How to get it treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have disorientation, headache, sensitivity to light, forgetfulness, and drowsiness. I went to the hospital to rule out brain aneurysm, nothing was found, but I need a resolution for the pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

Paediatrician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Headache with sudden onset and the worst headache of life need evaluation. Since your MRI brain is normal, it is reassuring. One thing that still needs to evaluate is, has there been any change in your vision, how is your fundus (eye) examination (to make sure there ...  Read Full »

How to improve low sodium levels after a brain aneurysm repair surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My father underwent a brain aneurysm repair one and a half years ago, after which, he is having a constant loss of sodium. He is taking one Tolsama 15 mg tablet every alternate day to stabilize his sodium levels. He is also currently taking Encorate Chrono 500, Absolut 3G, Nexfolin and...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query about your father and it appears that he has SIADH (syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion). It commonly occurs after a brain surgery, due to excessive fluids and use of diuretics. The sodium levels usually return to normal soon, b...  Read Full »

Why does lung cancer medicine hamper aneurysm treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend has a brain aneurysm and lung cancer. He is undergoing treatments for both. Now, the medicine for lung cancer is hampering the aneurysm. What to do? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Brain aneurysm can be a different entity or due to the metastasis of lung cancer to the brain. It is a very difficult condition to treat as both diseases have a very grave prognosis. Usually, the treatment of aneurysm is by clipping or coiling, but certain medicines ar...  Read Full »

Why am I having intense throbbing pain in the temple?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a sufferer of hemiplegic migraine. However, I had unusual collapses three months back. The first one was 40 minutes; I could not recall the whole of that period. I came back with an injured knee and felt dazed. I was fine after around two hours. The next day, I felt pressure in my...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I agree with you on the fact that when dealing with hemiplegic migraine, it is necessary excluding a brain aneurysm or any arterio-venous malformation, which may mimic this clinical situation. That is why it is necessary performing a brain MRI, which would detect any...  Read Full »

I am getting sharp headache and abrupt vision shift. What does it sound like?

Query: Hi doctor, For a week or two, while walking around, I have had the feeling that I was lightheaded or unsteady on my feet. It was not like the room shifting. Today, I have had a sharp headache above one eye. While sitting at my desk, my field of vision shifted abruptly. What does that sound like? I...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could be due to ocular migraine, brain lesion, vasculitis, hypertension and stress. I would suggest you to consult a neurologist and have yourself examined. You need to carry out MRI brain to exclude any brain lesion as the cause for your symptoms. Also, ha...  Read Full »

Either MR angio or CT angio, which will show brain aneurysm clearly?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months ago, I had an MRA of the brain as I have weird headaches that time. The result showed a little thing, which they thought could be a small aneurysm between 1 mm and 2 mm. But, they were not sure whether it is an aneurysm or anything on the arteries. So, they advised me to go f...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. CT angiography has sensitivities of 77% to 97% and specificities of 87% to 100% for picking up an aneurysm. MR angio sensitivity and specificities are way less than CT angio. So, when CT angio is negative for an aneurysm, it is good news. Even more important to know is t...  Read Full »

Can venous aneurysm cause headache?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a 8 x 12 mm sac type aneurysm on the vein of Galen. I am 50 years old and otherwise in a good health. I have had bad headaches and nausea for about seven months. It led MRV and that found the aneurysm. I know the risks of an arterial aneurysm rupturing, but do venous ones rupture? ...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a very rare anomaly. Dilatation of entire vein is more common. Theoretically, there is a risk of rupture. But, in practice the most common complications are hydrocephalus and cardiac problems. You have not indicated whether the scan revealed hydrocephalus or not. ...  Read Full »