Q. I am suffering from headache and my MRI is normal. Please help.

Dr. Lalit Bansal
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 03, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2019

I have disorientation, headache, sensitivity to light, forgetfulness, and drowsiness. I went to the hospital to rule out brain aneurysm, nothing was found, but I need a resolution for the pain. Please help.

Dr. Lalit Bansal

Neurology Paediatrics
#

Headache with sudden onset and the worst headache of life need evaluation. Since your MRI brain is normal, it is reassuring. One thing that still needs to evaluate is, has there been any change in your vision, how is your fundus (eye) examination (to make sure there is no increased intracranial pressure). If all these tests are normal, then you might be suffering from status migrainous.

Fioricet should be avoided as this may cause dependence. Things that would help,

1. ER visit for migraine cocktail for headache relief.

2. Water intake two liters per day.

3. Exercise daily.

4. A good sleep of at least five to six hours.

5. Preventive medications like Riboflavin 100 mg oral daily or Magnesium oxide 400 mg oral daily (trial for a month).

6. See a neurologist for detail evaluation.

eye examination (fundoscopy)

Migraine cocktail if secondary Headache is ruled out.

| 

Either MR angio or CT angio, which will show brain aneurysm clearly?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months ago, I had an MRA of the brain as I have weird headaches that time. The result showed a little thing, which they thought could be a small aneurysm between 1 mm and 2 mm. But, they were not sure whether it is an aneurysm or anything on the arteries. So, they advised me to go f...  Read Full »

Can alcohol consumption result in drowsiness, confusion, and anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from severe brain fog, confusion, and forgetfulness for the last two months. Almost to the point where I thought I might have had a stroke, Alzheimer's, or liver failure. I now believe that it may be down to the fact that I drink about 10 pints of beer once per week...  Read Full »

Worst Headache Ever? It Could be Brain Aneurysm!!

Article Overview: A ruptured brain aneurysm is a potentially fatal condition that needs emergency care. This article helps you understand this condition and educates you regarding your treatment options. Read Article

Dr. Saurabh Joshi

This is a medical condition in which one of the arteries of the brain develops a weakened area that balloons out, like an inflated balloon. This can burst and result in bleeding within the brain. What Are the Symptoms of An Aneurysm? An unruptured aneurysm may not cause any symptoms. Some symptoms...  Read Article