Q. Kindly view the reports and advice about cyst in the breast.

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

My aunt has a cyst in the breast, and the report is attached. Please help me to know what this report says?

#

Welcome to icliniq.com,

I have worked through your query and understand your health issues. I assure you not worry as you have consulted the appropriate expert physician who will take care all of your medical concerns. Your aunts report suggests she has multiple noncancerous cysts i.e fibrocystic change of breast. They have categorised it through a score to show its level of malignancy. It is called BI-RADS (breast imaging reporting and data system) score, devised by American College of Radiology to standardize the breast sonography reporting universally in a more professional way.

BI-RADS score 0 means benign lesions (no cancer) to BI-RADS score 5 means you have 95 % chances that this specific opacity being seen under Sonography is a cancer and you need to proceed for biopsy testing of this mass. Your aunt has score 5 mass at 11' O'clock position that means she has 95 % chances that this mass is a cancer. She also has lymph nodal thickenings (and it may be due to spread of the breast cancer to these lymph nodes in the axilla). But we have still to confirm it without doubt through biopsy of the lesion. I would advice you to go for biopsy of the left breast tissue from 11O'clock position and also a biopsy of the lymph nodes from axilla. Ask your treating physician to refer you for the same.

|