Q. Breast size increased after sexual intercourse. Is this a sign of pregnancy?

I had protected sex with my fiancee a month back. She had her periods till three days before the intercourse. We used protection but I still want to rule out any chance of her getting pregnant as I may have left a drop of semen inside her but chances are less. She complained about a little bit increased breast size four days earlier. But she has no pain or swelling. Are there any chances of her getting pregnant? She has a menstrual cycle of 28 days.

Do you have a question on Breast Enlargement or Premenstrual Syndrome?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBS., MS (OBS/GYNAE)., FMAS., DMAS., FELLOWSHIP IS ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNIQUES
Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology

She is unlikely to be pregnant as she was in her safe period, day 7 of her cycle when ovulation has still not occurred, so no chances of pregnancy even if there would have been an ejaculation. You may conclusively rule out pregnancy as on date with a serum beta hCG test. If the hCG levels are less than 3 mIU, then she is not pregnant for sure.

I heard somewhere that increased breast size is a result of pregnancy. Kindly guide me for that. Is it not because of the sexual acts performed? Please tell me something about it.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology

Breast size is physiologically increased when the woman is lactating or nearing delivery but otherwise excessive breast stimulation during foreplay can often increase it and make them loose. Thirdly, breasts become sore and full when the women are nearing their menses and this is a part of premenstrual syndrome.

How Does Vitamin B3 Help Women During PMS?
Article Overview: There are thousands of women all around the world who are suffering from premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and looking for appropriate treatment. This article explains the role and exact dosage of vitamin B3 in PMS.  Read Article »
Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati

Some researches show that premenstrual syndrome (PMS) occurs due to some mineral and vitamin deficiency. Vitamin B3 is also referred as niacin and also as nicotinic acid. Metabolism is primarily regulated by vitamin B3. It also helps to maintain sex and stress hormones.  PMS means premenstrual ...  Read Article »

I am having urine urgency after sexual intercourse. Please advice.
Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. I recently had sex that was a bit more rough than normal. Everything seems fine, I have not had cramping, and my IUD seems to still be in place, and the strings are still fine. The IUD is not poking out of my cervix, and, again, it does not hurt or cramp. Thoug...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel that you are experiencing an early stage of urinary infection. When you have sex, some penile secretions and semen may enter the bladder. It is a good practice to pass urine after sex. This may not need medication. Have lots of water, milk, juice, barley water or...  Read Full »

Why do I have abdominal pain after unprotected sex?
Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex 19 days back. My period is always regular and my expected date was in the first week the following month. I had uneasiness and fatigue by the end of last month. Left side upper abdominal pain started a week back. It comes occasionally and goes on its own. Occasionall...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms appear more of premenstrual syndrome and as you had a day of bleeding with on and off lower abdominal pain off and on. There is likelihood that your menses shall resume again in few days unless you have conceived. Urine pregnancy test is not sensitive...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now