Q. Breast size increased after sexual intercourse. Is this a sign of pregnancy?

I had protected sex with my fiancee a month back. She had her periods till three days before the intercourse. We used protection but I still want to rule out any chance of her getting pregnant as I may have left a drop of semen inside her but chances are less. She complained about a little bit increased breast size four days earlier. But she has no pain or swelling. Are there any chances of her getting pregnant? She has a menstrual cycle of 28 days.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

She is unlikely to be pregnant as she was in her safe period, day 7 of her cycle when ovulation has still not occurred, so no chances of pregnancy even if there would have been an ejaculation. You may conclusively rule out pregnancy as on date with a serum beta hCG test. If the hCG levels are less than 3 mIU, then she is not pregnant for sure.

| 

I heard somewhere that increased breast size is a result of pregnancy. Kindly guide me for that. Is it not because of the sexual acts performed? Please tell me something about it.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Breast size is physiologically increased when the woman is lactating or nearing delivery but otherwise excessive breast stimulation during foreplay can often increase it and make them loose. Thirdly, breasts become sore and full when the women are nearing their menses and this is a part of premenstrual syndrome.

| 

Are pain under breast and armpit after delivery dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, Just had a baby three weeks ago. Three days ago it started to pain under left breast then under left armpit. The pain continued in a part of my arm, then a spot on my neck and then a spot on my shoulder. And I read about heart attack. And I have been under a lot of stress recently. Ki...  Read Full »

What is the solution for PMS and painful period?

Query: Hi doctor, I am asking you on behalf of my friend. Here are the symptoms, which she had around three to seven days before bleeding. All symptoms of PMS along with occasional migraine with glaucoma, nausea, pain in the lower part of spine and cramps. On the first day of bleeding, she is having pain...  Read Full »

Why do I have abdominal pain after unprotected sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex 19 days back. My period is always regular and my expected date was in the first week the following month. I had uneasiness and fatigue by the end of last month. Left side upper abdominal pain started a week back. It comes occasionally and goes on its own. Occasionall...  Read Full »