Q. Why is there urine urgency after sexual intercourse?

Published on Sep 27, 2018

I am an 18-year-old female. I recently had sex that was a bit more rough than normal. Everything seems fine, I have not had cramping, and my IUD seems to still be in place, and the strings are still fine. The IUD is not poking out of my cervix, and, again, it does not hurt or cramp. Though, I have noticed that I have been experiencing urinary urgency for the past week (intercourse happened about a week ago). I have not experienced any burning sensation when I urinate, at all. It is just that I have to urinate more often than normal, and it is much harder to hold it than before. Will this subside, or should I see my gynecologist soon?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I feel that you are experiencing an early stage of urinary infection. When you have sex, some penile secretions and semen may enter the bladder. It is a good practice to pass urine after sex. This may not need medication. Have lots of water, milk, juice, barley water or cranberry juice. Keep drinking water every now and then even when not thirsty. Keep passing urine even before you have sensation. This will wash out the infection. If you feel that infection is not getting relieved have antibiotics like tablet Norfloxacin 400 mg twice a day for five days.

I always have an urge to pee after mastubration. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male. Sometimes, after masturbation I feel urge to urinate regularly after every minute even though there is very less urine. Also I feel pain, some pricking and irritation feel while urinating. Sometimes, even without masturbation same problem occurs. Please advise me ...  Read Full »

I have an increased urge to urinate after sexual intercourse. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old girl. Two weeks before I had an intercourse. From that day I started feeling pain when I urinate. I felt it is normal due to friction. But now the problem is getting worse. Now I realize I do not urinate as before. I felt my bladder getting full. I have an urge to ...  Read Full »

What might help my increased urge to urinate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old male with no medical conditions. I am on Propecia 1 mg for hair loss, and I have been on it for the past three years. Six months ago, I started getting an urge to urinate more frequently. I had a feeling of my bladder getting full. The urge was not that strong...  Read Full »